Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all,
You may put speaker in side door. Honda build in speaker space in side door. I think it is for 6x9 or small. But I have a problem need someone to solve. How to put speaker wire? Honda did not come with speaker connect. It is no more free connection on door connector. All 11 connections in use. Do sometime have service/ETS manual to help us?

Azon Chan

[This message has been edited by azonc (edited 06-02-2001).]

·
Registered
148 Posts
Why did you take that door panel apart anyway?

Anyway, that part you see is not for a speaker. It was put there so when you push the door panel, it will not flex inwards. This is much lighter and cheaper than filling the entire door with foam (which squeaks) or some other method.

Now your question. You want to put 6x9 speakers in there. Yes, it can be done. Would I do it? Maybe.

Because those 4 inch speakers in the rears need some help.

I probably would do the rear hatch door(which we will be doing shortly in a tech article).

I would not use any of the contacts on your sliding door since they are all used and Honda probably uses them in combinations of a few at a time. I believe the car also uses a multiplex system. Avoid it. Savage your warranty. So, how do you get 2 connects for the speakers into the doors and make some contacts when the door is closed?

See link below in quotes

"http://store.autotoys.com/cgi-bin/wfp53024.storefront/EN/Product/VAN DOOR CONTACT"

This is designed for doorlock actuators in doors to add power doorlocks, but it can be used for your speakers, 2 contacts (positive and negative) -- what is involved? Cut the door using the template supplied, put a piece of clay down, line it up, provide matching plate on other side, wire it up.

Good luck if you choose to undertake this project -- and post some pictures.

I would go with some SLIM 6x9 speakers, like Pioneer 6959 or something similar you like.

------------------

Here to help

1 - 2 of 2 Posts