Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My factory speakers are going bad. I want to upgrade plus add a subwoofer in the wheel well of the spare tire. I don't want to add that speaker box crap in the back. I want to look stealth and stock. I remember that an RSX subwoofer can fit for the spare tire? Also I noticed there are tweeters on the front dash board as well. Are there other speakers in the back door? My budget is 300 - 500 dollars.

·
Registered
83 Posts
My '95 has speakers in front and rear doors, I'm pretty sure yours are the same. The rear door speaker are sort of blocked by the seats when the doors are closed. I'm about to get new speakers too, no sub-woofer though, and want to spend less than you. My question is how to deal with the tweeters on the dash. Where does the cross-over happen etc.? Since aftermarket speakers would not be designed with the tweeter in mind I'm not sure if it is better to leave the tweeters operational or not.

·
Registered
6 Posts
6 1/2 in both rear and front doors. Sony makes some that have tweeters in them. 50-60 bucks at walmart. I am running 2 10's in a box,but I have played with the idea of a custom spare tire set-up. Amps fit well under the seat. You could also remove the thrid row and use the box there. Just make sure there are no water leaks. Had a buddy lose two 12's due to water seeping in thru.

The tweeter are powered by the head-- I believe-- Mine quit so I never replaced them. I am about to upgrade the rear door speaker with the sonys too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 05 and replaced the front and rears today with kenwood excellion 6 1/2 speakers. I keept the tweets on the dash. The highs sounds great and clear. The bass is there but I would like more. Thinking about a 5 channel amp with an 8" sub just to get a little more bass.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just ordered some Kicker speaks front and rear from Crutchfield. I'm planning to get an RSX subwoofer and add it in my wheel well of the spare tire.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts