Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably the most easy question for those who have installed the Pioneer 1695.
I am going to order a pair of Pioneer 1695.
Do I just plug the factory wire directly to the 1695 or do I have to purchase some kind of adaptor or wiring harness?
Thanks.

·
Registered
564 Posts
They don't plug in directly. The easiest, least invasive thing to do is to buy a set of Honda adapters from BestBuy for $5. THEN they just plug right in. You can also snip the stock connector off, and crip new spade connectors on the proper wires.

------------------
-= Darell =-
2001 Civic EX (ULEV)- currently the BIG car.
1997 EV1 (ZEV) in process - "This is NOT your father's golf cart"

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Darell.
I'll buy a pair of adaptor from Best Buy.

·
Registered
130 Posts
My 1695's went in today, as well as the 1086's in the rear. It does make a tremendous difference. I skeezed out and had our son install them: a way to see him and his wife for about thirty minutes.

I bought the adaptors at BB as directed, and he did use them. The first 1695 took him 25 minutes: he had to cut more of the rainshield than I thought. And he forgot to tie up the harness so had to remove the speaker after trying the window. But the second one took five minutes. The backs a total of ten for the two. This is a relatively inexpensive upgrade that makes a huge difference!

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MerpsMom:
My 1695's went in today, as well as the 1086's in the rear. It does make a tremendous difference. I skeezed out and had our son install them: a way to see him and his wife for about thirty minutes.

I bought the adaptors at BB as directed, and he did use them. The first 1695 took him 25 minutes: he had to cut more of the rainshield than I thought. And he forgot to tie up the harness so had to remove the speaker after trying the window. But the second one took five minutes. The backs a total of ten for the two. This is a relatively inexpensive upgrade that makes a huge difference!
</font>
Fantastic! I'm glad you got someone you trust to install them too! Enjoy!
-SJ

------------------
DEP '01 EX no-navi

1 - 5 of 5 Posts