Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was interested if anyone has had success in installing speakers in the sliding doors? Does anyone have the wiring information for the door sensors? I figured I could use this to pass the signal through to the speakers when the doors are shut. The 4" speakers in the back just do not cut it when the kids are trying to watch a movie.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Wow,
This is an interesting one. Looking at the ETS manual, you could either tie into:

- latch position switch (6 pin harness)
- door handle switch (2 pin)
- door lock knob/switch (# of pins is 2, 4, or 6, depending on model year and trim line.

There are a number of pages in the manual on these circuits and I really don't know everything about the power door system, so I'm wary to make any recommendations to you.

One immediate thought for 2nd row passengers is to mount speakers under the rear of the front row seats, firing up and back at the 2nd row passengers. This is the way many installers do 5.1 sound in a minivan, adding a center to a custom center console....

As far as the rear speakers are concerned, have you switched rears yet with aftermarket? Also, what type of video system do you have? What's running those rear speakers, factory? How about wireless headsets? I'm sure this is all obvious stuff to you, but just thought I'd inquire.

Let us know what you decide to do. If you want some more specific detail on wiring, I'm glad to look it up in my ETS manual, just let me know, I'll try to help as best as I can.

------------------
-Shin John
'01 DEP EX, and I'm workin' on it! (slowly)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. This is a great group of very helpful people.
I like the idea of makeing boxes to fire up from behind the front seats. I still am going to pursue the sliding door for a while. I will let everyone know how it goes.
I replaced the head unit after about 2 days. I used a sony system with a cd changer that I had in a previous vehicle. The CD changer is under the drivers seat in the front so that I can access the magazine easily. I am in the process of replacing the speakers, and the forum has given me some good ideas on speaker choices. I put an Auidovox 7" widescreen drop down in for the video system. I have been very happy with the quality. The CRT is bright, even in strong sunlight. The system came with wireless headphones but my children do not like to use them. I installed an Audiovox VCP under the driver side passenger seat, but it has thumb screws so that I can quickly move it if I wanted to haul something. The DVD player is an Audiovox as well and is installed under the sony headunit in the front, it fit nicely, right where the storage box used to go. The DVD player is somewhat picky about what DVD's it will play.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Has anyone thought about just replace the rear speaker panel with the 2002's? This way you can install 6.5" speakers in the back and without any cutting or re-wiring. Just wan't sure if the clips are in the same location and the cost of replacing the third row rear panels.

Just a thought.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts