Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought there were supposed to be 6 speakers. I have found the two upfront and the two next to the third row seats (by the heads of the passengers). Where are the other 2 speakers? Am I missing something, here?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Did you check the tweeters on the dash. They are real close to the windshield. Hope this helps.

------------------
2002 Starlight Silver EXL-RES

·
Registered
171 Posts
The other two speakers are located on the dash in the corners. If you look from the outside through the windshield, you'll see them. So in all, you have two in the front doors, two in the third row and two in the dash.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. Now for my next question: Why on the dash? Does it help for surround sound quality? Otherwise, what a peculiar place for speakers.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'm no audiophile, but I'm guessing that the reason they were put there might have been because it allows the sound to be reflected off the windshield back to the driver and passengers. Either that or they wanted to put in six speakers in separate places and that was the easiest place to but two of them...

------------------
Richard
2002 Granite Green EX-L
Splash Guards, Cargo Tray, Weathertech Mats

·
Registered
171 Posts
The speakers in the dash are "tweeters" as opposed to the full range speakers in the doors. The tweeters are designed for higher frequencies so as to hear better treble. This provides clearer and crisper sounds than can be provided from full range speakers as in the doors which have to reproduce sounds in all frequecy ranges including bass. Since higher frequencies have to be in direct line of hearing, the higher the better. In some cars you'll find them on the door by the side mirror. With the Ody, sound is purposely reflected off the windshield and directed to the passengers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts