Honda Odyssey Forum banner

Speakers popping or cracking or no sound from audio system- Finally Honda admits a problem

2138 Views 7 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  GromitFan
Well here it is; admission of a problem with the audio system and perhaps a fix even if warranty has expired.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
242 Posts
Just got my letter yesterday, and I have to say I am kind of pissed. Not that I am having issues yet at 50k on my 2019 EXL, but this is the second letter in two weeks on top of like 4 or 5 recalls since we bought the van in June 2018. The letter two weeks ago was for fuel injectors. All of this requires a dealer to look at and assess, and I don't live near a Honda dealer I can trust. I am thinking we should have bought a used Sienna instead.

· Registered
2018 EX
2,516 Posts
Just got my letter yesterday, and I have to say I am kind of pissed. Not that I am having issues yet at 50k on my 2019 EXL, but this is the second letter in two weeks on top of like 4 or 5 recalls since we bought the van in June 2018. The letter two weeks ago was for fuel injectors. All of this requires a dealer to look at and assess, and I don't live near a Honda dealer I can trust. I am thinking we should have bought a used Sienna instead.
I agree. Buying the actual car is only half the task. The other half is finding a good dealer you can trust. There should not be a patch work of dealer attitudes from excellent to poor, splayed across our countries. All dealers should be held to the exact same standard. It's further evidence that Honda Corp has lost it. They need to clean house at the top.

· Registered
242 Posts
I agree. Buying the actual car is only half the task. The other half is finding a good dealer you can trust.
Yes! This is a big reason why I bought my Accord and not a Mazda 6 - I live in a somewhat rural area with a Honda and Ford dealer nearby, and I wanted easier access to overpriced OEM parts. We didn't buy our Hondas from that particular dealer mostly because positive experiences about their sales and service are not exactly common around here. Every time I start to think I can trust them (like their fixing our Ody A/C fan short cycling), they do something (huge runaround on replacing my purchased replacement Honda battery under warranty) to ruin that trust.

There should not be a patch work of dealer attitudes from excellent to poor, splayed across our countries. All dealers should be held to the exact same standard. It's further evidence that Honda Corp has lost it. They need to clean house at the top.
I think this may just be the nature of the beast of independently owned dealers. Way back decades ago my ex and I had an issue with her Corolla and the Toyota dealer that prompted me to contact the Toyota USA office, who told me that since the dealership was independently owned and operated, they were limited in how much they could help. What you said is what crossed my mind and lips while on the phone with that poor Toyota CSA.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.