Honda Odyssey Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine is at the shop right now. 2020 Odyssey elite purchased on 12/31/19.

I read all of the reviews here about this, and I thought 'well it won't happen to me'. Well, I was wrong.

I'm not one to post on forums and instead usually just a lurker. So if I'm posting, then it's a big deal.

Here's the laundry list of items I have that started getting worse in the last few days:

1. Radio and phone connection has continuing intermittent clicking
sound similar to a popping or cracking sound. It sometimes cuts out
the radio or person talking (via bluetooth) and sometimes not. Even
if the radio is turned down, the clicking/popping/cracking sound
continues - it sounds like little pebbles/rocks hitting the
windshield. I have video for proof.
2. The radio signal for both Sirius and/or FM cuts out randomly. I
have video for proof.
3. The radio doesn't work sometimes, with the screen saying 'no audio
connection for FM', then somehow fixes itself 10-20 minutes later. I
have pictures for proof.
4. After about 30-45 seconds into a phone call, the phone connection in bluetooth doesn't work sometimes - the
person on receiving end can't hear, but they are heard on our end.
The radio unit doesn't mention the bluetooth phone conversation being
active when this happens.
5. DVD sometimes plays with no video/sound - only black screen in the
back and no sound, but the front unit (radio) says the DVD is playing,
and the minute/second bar is increasing..

So far, they are telling me that the car is not reporting any error codes. They are still working on trying to re-create on their own.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Wish I could be more helpful. The speaker issue in mine is loud and sharp when it occurs but it’s intermittent. When it’s occurring it can go on for days and the DVD will not work nor will the hands free. If I touch the column knob when it’s occurring there will be a loud electrical snap.

Then it fixes itself for a few days before starting again. If u look through the notes I just posted they certainly think it’s a wiring issue. Will see.

The first week I had mine the infotainment system died and had to be replaced on warranty.

Hopefully you’ll get to the bottom of it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
After a couple weeks of no noise, mine is starting to creep back again. Took it to the dealer and surprise surprise, they couldn't recreate the sounds for two days.
I have found that the loudness of the popping noise is tied to both the audio volume, and the system volume. If both of those are all they way down, the popping noises go away. If you want to make the popping noises very noticeable for the service dept., turn the system volume all the way up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have a 2019 Odyssey EX. Have the following issues almost everyday:

• Static from speakers
  • Radio unavailable
  • Network communication lost
  • Blank Screen
Also has issues with the backup camera not working and no sound from the radio even though the radio is on.

Our dealer has only done a reboot of Infortainment system. The 2nd time I took it in I was told they were advised not to look at vehicles with Infotainment issues since there is no fix.

I am currently in contact with a lemon law attorney.
Hi there,

I have a 2019 Pilot Black Edition and have had both of these problems mentioned here. My infotainment system went out and this made the camera and audio also go out. The root of this problem is actually Apple CarPlay. Had something to do with Apple updates and them not being compatible with the car. I fixed this myself using an external keyboard which I connected to the usb on the actual console. Plugged it up and used ctrl + alt + delete to get into the infotainment computer. From there I was able to disable the CarPlay and restart the whole system. This fixed the issue. Now the popping noises weren’t an easy fix. It was a wiring harness which had to be replaced. And to replace this, they actually had to take almost everything out of my car to do so. My dad works at the dealership so I was able to get pictures while the work was in progress. It was crazy to see a shell of my brand new car 😳. But anyway, I hope this helps someone because I was at my wits end too.

·
Registered
374 Posts
After a couple weeks of no noise, mine is starting to creep back again. Took it to the dealer and surprise surprise, they couldn't recreate the sounds for two days.
I have found that the loudness of the popping noise is tied to both the audio volume, and the system volume. If both of those are all they way down, the popping noises go away. If you want to make the popping noises very noticeable for the service dept., turn the system volume all the way up.
Lol. That was their suffered “fix” one time when I took mine in to the service Centre.

Dealer: “Leave the system volume down and the noise will go away” ...

Me: “yeah, I get that, but now I can’t hear the system noises that I need to hear”...

Dealer:”... ... ... Is there anything else we can help you with today?”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Second attempted repair involved replacing the Gauge Control Module. Crackling reappeared already on the drive home from the dealership, and infotainment shutting down and restarting began again several days later. Will be heading back in for the third time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
For those waiting or waited for the wiring harness, how long is
We bought our 2020 EX-L Honda Odyssey at the very end of November and noticed the popping mid Dec. first appointment to the shop was just after Christmas. They did nothing at first until I sent them video evidence and returned 3 additional times. Sent home on Jan 14 after reattaching a loose wire. But popping and audio issues persisted. Received harness diagnosis on the 21st. Was told the part was on back order until April 15. Will state lemon laws cover this issue? American Honda said this issue was not eligible for the warranty buyback program.
Are you still waiting for the harness? My SA ordered it last week and said he doesn't know how long it will take. How come some people on here seem to have their harness replaced right away?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have this popping noise as well. It did not start right away. Maybe 2 months after I had the vehicle. I just saw the recall for the possible fire issue. Any chance these issues are related? Maybe the short in the wiring is getting picked up by the speakers. Just curious.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Update - all of the issues we reported were fixed after having our vehicle back for a week. THey claimed they moved some wires around, readjusted some connections that were too tight and replaced the tuner assembly. It took them almost 2 weeks, but to their credit, they spent a lot of time and drove over 100 miles on the vehicle while in the shop to make sure the items were fixed. They also told me it might take a few tries to get these sorted out. So, in the end, they are interested in getting these issues resolved.

Mine is at the shop right now. 2020 Odyssey elite purchased on 12/31/19.

I read all of the reviews here about this, and I thought 'well it won't happen to me'. Well, I was wrong.

I'm not one to post on forums and instead usually just a lurker. So if I'm posting, then it's a big deal.

Here's the laundry list of items I have that started getting worse in the last few days:

1. Radio and phone connection has continuing intermittent clicking
sound similar to a popping or cracking sound. It sometimes cuts out
the radio or person talking (via bluetooth) and sometimes not. Even
if the radio is turned down, the clicking/popping/cracking sound
continues - it sounds like little pebbles/rocks hitting the
windshield. I have video for proof.
2. The radio signal for both Sirius and/or FM cuts out randomly. I
have video for proof.
3. The radio doesn't work sometimes, with the screen saying 'no audio
connection for FM', then somehow fixes itself 10-20 minutes later. I
have pictures for proof.
4. After about 30-45 seconds into a phone call, the phone connection in bluetooth doesn't work sometimes - the
person on receiving end can't hear, but they are heard on our end.
The radio unit doesn't mention the bluetooth phone conversation being
active when this happens.
5. DVD sometimes plays with no video/sound - only black screen in the
back and no sound, but the front unit (radio) says the DVD is playing,
and the minute/second bar is increasing..

So far, they are telling me that the car is not reporting any error codes. They are still working on trying to re-create on their own.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Update - all of the issues we reported were fixed after having our vehicle back for a week. THey claimed they moved some wires around, readjusted some connections that were too tight and replaced the tuner assembly. It took them almost 2 weeks, but to their credit, they spent a lot of time and drove over 100 miles on the vehicle while in the shop to make sure the items were fixed. They also told me it might take a few tries to get these sorted out. So, in the end, they are interested in getting these issues resolved.
Does it say specifically what they did. Like, did the perform TSB 20-012 - Safety Recall: Third Row Accessory Power Outlet . If so, does it mention replacing the floor harness as well. The more I think about the popping, the more I think this will possibly be related. I have no proof...just speculating. I just know that when the air is colder/drier, the popping seems to occur more often. At least for me. I was thinking a static electricity/grounding issue before. But now that this recall has come up, I am curious and hopeful that this recall will be a fix for multiple other issues as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does it say specifically what they did. Like, did the perform TSB 20-012 - Safety Recall: Third Row Accessory Power Outlet . If so, does it mention replacing the floor harness as well. The more I think about the popping, the more I think this will possibly be related. I have no proof...just speculating. I just know that when the air is colder/drier, the popping seems to occur more often. At least for me. I was thinking a static electricity/grounding issue before. But now that this recall has come up, I am curious and hopeful that this recall will be a fix for multiple other issues as well.
No, they didn't replace the harness. They moved some wires around (maybe they were being pinched?), and re-plugged in some connections that were deemed 'too tight'. The only thing replaced was the tuner assembly, which requires me to update my sirius xm ID. All of my radio presets, settings, etc., were not lost and remained intact. In fact, I have to bring my vehicle back in (again) for this recall for the 3rd row seat accessory power outlet.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts