Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been shopping around for this model and have found a number of Odyssey EX-L's on Honda dealers' lots bearing the "Honda Certified Pre-Owned" label that have 101T tires, not the 103T that were the original equipment. As far as I can tell, the 101T has a load capacity that's 110 lbs less than the 103T. When a vehicle has the "Honda Certified Pre-Owned" label, isn't it supposed to adhere to certain manufacturer's standards, which would include having tires at least equal rating to what was on the vcehicle originally?

·
Registered
424 Posts
This is an interesting point. What "load rating" should a replacement tire have for the Ody ?? I am in the market for some new sneakers for the Ody and this is good info to have. I am looking at Falken 912's in the factory size of 235/65-16. They seem like a great deal for the price and they look really nice.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
jdcosgrove said:
When a vehicle has the "Honda Certified Pre-Owned" label, isn't it supposed to adhere to certain manufacturer's standards, which would include having tires at least equal rating to what was on the vcehicle originally?
You're funny. It's just a warranty. They may have even looked it over a few times to make sure nothing was falling off...but mainly it's marketing. They're certainly not going to notice the load rating on the tires doesn't match the book specs. We've seen them with bad carfax reports...so a wrecked vehicle can be "certified" as well apparently.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Answered my own question with a little research .. Michelin Energy LX4 at 235/65-16 has a 103T load index. The Falken ZE-912 at the same size has the same 103T index.

·
Super Moderator
1,219 Posts
jdcosgrove said:
Been shopping around for this model and have found a number of Odyssey EX-L's on Honda dealers' lots bearing the "Honda Certified Pre-Owned" label that have 101T tires, not the 103T that were the original equipment. As far as I can tell, the 101T has a load capacity that's 110 lbs less than the 103T. When a vehicle has the "Honda Certified Pre-Owned" label, isn't it supposed to adhere to certain manufacturer's standards, which would include having tires at least equal rating to what was on the vcehicle originally?
Yes, it should. Refer to the Honda Certified 150-Point Inspection List on Honda's website:

http://automobiles.honda.com/certified-used/certification-standards.aspx

Under Vehicle-check for unacceptable aftermarket modifications
60. Tires-OEM size, speed and load rating

1 - 5 of 5 Posts