Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in a process of installing an alpine navigation in the odyssey. Does anyone know where I can tap into the speed sensor?
thanks

·
1,484 Posts
I don't have my Helm Electric Troubleshooting manual right now but I just want to make sure I understand you.

You are installing a aftermarket Alpine unit into the Odyssey, right? And you want to tap it into the Ody's speed sensor? Or do you want to power the speed sensor that came with the Alpine unit?

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
1 Posts
He is installing an Alpine navigation system into 2000 Honda Odyssey and he need to know were the speed sensor is located to properly
install the unit. I know all this because he is installing it for me. I've tried everywhere to find this information. Alpine will not give me the information unless I am a certified Alpine Dealer. I would really appreciate any help you can give me on this. If someone has a wiring diagram or can tell me where to look it would be a big help.

Tony Malgioglio

------------------

·
1,484 Posts
Sorry. I forgot about this thread.
What you are looking for is the VSSOUT (Vehicle Speed Sensor Output). It's on the PCM harness below the center dash. It's a grey harness with 32 wires. The VSSOUT wire is Blue/White.

Good Luck!

Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
194 Posts
nemogira... you are a very frightening man...

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
The scary part of this thread is that my Ody keys are in my leather jacket, right pocket!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Nemogira - quick...I'm trying to debug a piece of code that automatically recalculates accrued interest when a rate change is post-dated on an installment loan. Any ideas what might cause a .005% variance on months with 31 days?

------------------
01 Nissan Frontier SE CC
02 MB EX (Soon)

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
where is the vehicle speed sensor located on a odyssey 2000
The transmission countershaft speed sensor is the origin of the vehicle's speed. It sends a signal to the PCM which then converts it to vehicle speed for use by the speedometer, cruise control, power sliding door controllers, etc.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts