Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone has any updated springs info from H&R or Eibach ? Are they out yet ? How about shocks ?

·
1,484 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lookinco:
Anyone has any updated springs info from H&R or Eibach ? Are they out yet ? How about shocks ?</font>
Let's see...

H&R - No official word yet. But they did post a pic of a lowered Ody on there site.

Eibach - Expect to cost $349. Still in development stage.

Shocks - No new news.

-nemogira

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just posted this in the accessories forum. I talked to the General Manager at H&R and he said that the springs are already on the way. The container should be here in two weeks. He will e-mail me once they are physically at H&R. This isn't a promise but it did come directly from H&R's General Manager. David

------------------
2001 Tafetta White EX

·
1,484 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by s2ktaxi:
The '02 OEM springs are supposed to be stiffer.</font>
They are? I read they're giving it more spring rate to make the ride less harsh on rougher roads. Besides, it doesn't seem to lower - it actually looks a little higher.

-Nestor

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just ordered my H&R springs, part # 51810. The Kit sells for 349.00, I am having mine installed and realigned for 425.00 complete. Will post pics, before and after sometime next week.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lookinco:
Anyone has any updated springs info from H&R or Eibach ? Are they out yet ? How about shocks ?</font>

------------------
2001 GG Ex, Leather, GPS, TV/DVD, Donnely Mirror, WingWest areo kit, 17x8 wheels w/yokahamas.

·
1,484 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bmorison:
Just ordered my H&R springs, part # 51810. The Kit sells for 349.00, I am having mine installed and realigned for 425.00 complete. Will post pics, before and after sometime next week.

</font>
Good Luck
They have been constantly set back for months now...hopefully they'll release them soon!

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well my dealer called H&R, and they took the order, will ship in two to three days.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Does anyone know how much the H&R spring will lower the van? Also, would there be negative camber? If there is, would there be a kit to correct this?
Thanks.

·
1,484 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kuruma Hayai:
Does anyone know how much the H&R spring will lower the van? Also, would there be negative camber? If there is, would there be a kit to correct this?
Thanks.
</font>
At least 1.5 inches. Well I've heard people say a 2" or more drop would definitely need a camber kit and even new shocks. I've heard some Acura TL/CL owners (who have H&Rs with the same drop) said they don't need camber kits. Some have even used the stock shocks. But they still do recommend getting some aftermarkets shocks (if possible).

Although this may not really apply to us because we're lowering a 4,000 lbs. minivan. But check out hrsprings.com for pics of how the van looks lowered.

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

[This message has been edited by nemogira (edited 08-14-2001).]

·
Registered
25 Posts
They drop the front 1.5 and the rear 1.4 inches, and the installer is going to realign both the fronts and rears when they install the springs, said it would take care of both camber and alignment.
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nemogira:
At least 1.5 inches. Well I've heard people say a 2" or more drop would definitely need a camber kit and even new shocks. I've heard some Acura TL/CL owners (who have H&Rs with the same drop) said they don't need camber kits. Some have even used the stock shocks. But they still do recommend getting some aftermarkets shocks (if possible).

Although this may not really apply to us because we're lowering a 4,000 lbs. minivan. But check out hrsprings.com for pics of the van looks lowered.

-Nestor

</font>

[This message has been edited by bmorison (edited 08-14-2001).]

·
1,484 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bmorison:
They drop the front 1.5 and the rear 1.4 inches, and the installer is going to realign both the fronts and rears when they install the springs, said it would take care of both camber and alignment.

[This message has been edited by bmorison (edited 08-14-2001).]
</font>
Just a suggestion: but you might want to get them realigned again after 2-4 weeks because some springs need more time to fully settle into their actually ride height.

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

[This message has been edited by nemogira (edited 08-14-2001).]

·
Registered
35 Posts
And just to make everyones day, I called my contact at H&R springs and the springs are now in!!!! Yeah!!!!! I already ordered mine and the should be in by the end of the week. David

------------------
2001 Tafetta White EX

·
Registered
35 Posts
UPS just delivered my springs to our house!! Yeah, just as promised. I will have a shop install them and let everyone know how they turned out. Nemogira, when are we going to have a local Ody Club gathering?? David

------------------
2001 Tafetta White EX

·
1,484 Posts
So lucky
, still waiting for mine. Can wait to see what the drop looks like!

As for the meet - someone suggested for a 2002 Summer All-Cali meet. That's probably the best bet. As for sooner I don't know? What do you think? I think there's currently a handful of us willing to have a local Bay Area meet. But don't ask me, I'm not very good at setting these kinds of things up.

Also, it looks like California Odyclub membership is growing fast. So hopefully we can get a good turn out by 2002.

-Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nemogira:
As for the meet - someone suggested for a 2002 Summer All-Cali meet. That's probably the best bet. As for sooner I don't know? What do you think? I think there's currently a handful of us willing to have a local Bay Area meet. But don't ask me, I'm not very good at setting these kinds of things up.

Also, it looks like California Odyclub membership is growing fast. So hopefully we can get a good turn out by 2002.

-Nestor
</font>
You guys keep me up to date on this. We could always have a Bay Area meet sometime soon although like Nestor said, there only seem to be a handful of us on this board.
One suggestion is Treasure Island where we had our Toyota meet last November. Great view.

------------------
-ROB-
'01 GG LX "Lagreat"(with stuff,just S-T-U-F-F)
http://community.webshots.com/album/18601743AkjQIJiKqK

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by hachiroku:

You guys keep me up to date on this. We could always have a Bay Area meet sometime soon although like Nestor said, there only seem to be a handful of us on this board.
One suggestion is Treasure Island where we had our Toyota meet last November. Great view.

</font>

I'd be up for a Bay Area meet too. Treasure Island does sound like a great place to do it too! Keep me posted.

-SJ

------------------
DEP '01 EX no-navi

·
1,484 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by shinjohn:

I'd be up for a Bay Area meet too. Treasure Island does sound like a great place to do it too! Keep me posted.

-SJ

</font>
Saw your pics from Treasure Island Rob. Great place to take Ody pics. Of coarse I'm down. So...when's a good time for everyone? This brings up another question: Who is "everyone"?

So far:
- Shin
- Rob
- Nestor

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

[This message has been edited by nemogira (edited 09-05-2001).]

·
Registered
564 Posts
Hey... me! I'm "everyone" too. Of course, you'll have to wait at least until October so I can actually drive my Odyssey to the meet.

- Darell

------------------
"Some people say you can't take it with you. I'm taking it with me."
Future: 2002 EXL-NAV, TW (with RES wanted!)
Current: 2001 Civic EX, silver
Leaving: 2001 Volvo V70 T5, white/graphite

1 - 20 of 23 Posts