Honda Odyssey Forum banner

Squeal noise from serpentine belt

1462 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  pkrface
I have a 2007 Honda Odyssey EXL and currently hearing a squeal noise when I start the van and it's cold. This noise fades away as the vehicle warms up. I was told by a mechanic that my pulley was going bad. I had another mechanic who looked at the van and said the noise is due to oil contacting with the serpentine belt. Oil soaks up a little fluid and if it was the pulley, the noise would stay after warm up. Noise last about a minute to a minute and a half then goes away. I don't heard the noise again as long as the vehicle is warm. My van has a little over 120K and I had a mechanic change the belt last year. Belt seems a little off (see pictures). I am puzzled with which route I should take and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,120 Posts
+1 for checking the tensioner. I replaced mine recently and was shocked at how much more effort it took to disengage the tensioner when I went to reinstall the belt. Took two people to reinstall the belt because I had to use both hands on the breaker bar and still could barely get it in position to get the belt on vs one hand removal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.