Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My SRS keeps comming on and I keep resetting it. But now it comes on more often than usual. I pulled the code and it says "ground fault". Does anyone have an idea where the fault could be occuring?

·
Registered
52 Posts
There is a ground wire that screws into the frame holding the srs computer module. The ground wire exits the main yellow srs wiring harness right in the area where the harness mates to the computer module. Maybe that ground is lose or corroded? (The SRS module is located behind the center console and is accessed by removing the center lower panel on either the passenger or driver's side.) I don' know if there are any other SRS specific grounds you could check. Bad grounds elsewhere in the electrical system (battery & alternator) can also cause SRS error codes.

If you are going to work on the SRS wiring harness you should follow the workshop warnings about disconnecting the battery and waiting a few minutes before you begin work. (The capacitors in the SRS computer module remain energized for a few minutes after you disconnect the battery.) The workshop book also says you should disarm both airbags before you touch the harness.

By the way, what error code number did you get from the SRS module? I wasn't aware there was a specific code for bad ground.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked the code a long time ago, but the light would stay off for a long time. I can check the number again and post it. I did find the code on this forum. I decided to ask the question now because the light comes on every few days. I checked the ground from the module, and it looks good. As far as I know "ground fault" means that a power supply is grounding out somewhere. So I would have to trace the power supply to find the fault. Don't think I want to attempt that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts