Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Steve from Virginia. I'm new to the site. I hate for my first post to be a plea for help, but here goes:

I had my 06 Ody detailed about three weeks ago. I noticed a few days later that the SRS light was on (my wife daily drives it and didn't notice earlier).

I read on this site about the SRS reset procedure. I decided I'd look under all the seats for possibly disconnected wires, based on the knowledge in these forums. Low and behold, I found a snapped wire.

I assume the knuckle heads removed my seat without removing that one connector. I wanted to remove the connector to solder the wire back together.

When I removed the two screws, the assembly came forward. On re-assembly, I can't get the unit to fit snug anymore. There is a long white "half tube" that the magnet is supposed to sit inside. I can't figure out how to make that "snap" into place so it will hold firm. Because it just flops around (insert bad joke), I know the sensor will just fall out when I move the seat forward/backward.

Has anyone messed with this sensor? It looks like the assembly sensor has snapped where it bolts to the seat. That might be the reason the white tube flops around (guessing).

I think those jokers snapped it and just put it back.

Steve

·
Super Moderator
13,875 Posts
Is taking it into a stealer for a fix and making the knuckle heads pay for the repair an option? They did break it after all.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I can fix this myself relatively cheaply, I'd rather avoid the stress. I should have called them immediately but didn't.

My wife went into the hospital a few days after (stayed over a week). Then my mother-in-law went into the hospital (she's still in there right now). 'Tis the season for surgery.

I think it's been approximately three weeks. In my opinion, I let too much time go by to lodge a complaint.

It's my bad for waiting but it just couldn't be avoided due to the health problems.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
A word of warning. You are playing with the SRS circuit which could lead to blowing the air bags. At the very least you should have the battery disconnected and follow all the safety rules for working on the SRS circuit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How did you remove the cover from underneath the driverside seat. I have a 2006 Odyssey with the same problem. SRS harness underneath the seat is broken. Need to know the procedure on removing the front cover from the driver side seat.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry, I don't have an answer for you, but I have a question on this same issue. My SRS light came on shortly after having it serviced at my Honda dealer. It stayed on and eventually the "Check SRS System" message showed up. It was about a week til I could take it in, and when I did they said a wire under the driver's seat was frayed and broke when the tech tried to remove the seat. When I asked how a wire under the drivers seat that in essential for the SRS to work could get frayed they had no good response. "Possibly by moving the seat?" My response was, "really, how would that fray a wire so important? isn't the wire covered or protected?" Again, no good response. Later, when I put my daughter in her car seat, I noticed a small plastic cover and screw laying on the floor in the back seat. So, for those of you who have looked under the seat, is it possible that this wire could have gotten "caught in the track" and been frayed by moving the seat? Is this wire suppose to be exposed or covered? We have only ever had our Honda dealer work on the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts