Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have had this problem for some time and a recall work was done with replacement of the drivers seat airbag and I expected this SRS warning light would be gone but it hasn't,dealers mechanic says it is due to faulty drivers seat belt buckel switch-I can't buy it as the buckle switch works fine and there is no problem with that and besides what connection do that have with SRS warning light anyway.
Thia was the 2nd recall for same problem and I have been to same Honda dealer for repairs afdter the recall letter received.
Any suggestions ?solutions to the problem or how to nget it off?

Thanks

mahesh8205

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
The seat belts in the Odyssey have a lifetime warrenty so the dealer should replace it for free. The belys are part of the SRS system and will turn the light on if defective. The codes can be read out of the system and that is probably the reason the dealer said it is bad. Take it back to the dealer and remind them there is a lifetime warrenty on the belts and they should fix it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have had this problem for some time and a recall work was done with replacement of the drivers seat airbag and I expected this SRS warning light would be gone but it hasn't,dealers mechanic says it is due to faulty drivers seat belt buckel switch-I can't buy it as the buckle switch works fine and there is no problem with that and besides what connection do that have with SRS warning light anyway.
Thia was the 2nd recall for same problem and I have been to same Honda dealer for repairs afdter the recall letter received.
Any suggestions ?solutions to the problem or how to nget it off?

Thanks

mahesh8205
I had the same problem I took it a friend with a hi tech scanner and told me the same thing ( it is due to faulty drivers seat belt buckel switch) and always clear the SRS light and come back in few weeks.
this was 3 years ago.
until my battery died and replaced with the original battery from the dealer and guess what the light never came back.
I think the voltage of the battery plays a big role here.
hope this help.

·
Registered
9,239 Posts
Blow aerosol compressed air into the buckle receiver to clean out the dirt in the contacts. It's available at electronic supply stores.

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts