Honda Odyssey Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I also have kinda large hand's and removed some things to access it better.
There were two screws I removed that were towards where that drop down compartment is. Once they are removed that bottom plastic piece can me pulled off.
I had this dimmer button so I had to remove the plug in from the back of that , then I put the whole plastic section on the second row seat.
There was a sharp metal bar that I removed after that. It had 4 bolts holding it on. I believe I used a 10mm socket for those bolts.
The MES connector was up and connected to another piece or cap. That felt like it was either glued or clipped to another metal piece. I just released it from the clip and now have it hanging down behind the dash for easy access in the future .
If anyone needs pic's I'll be happy to take some if that will help. Just let me know

·
Registered
83 Posts
So, did you go through the sequence yet? Did it work?

It would be cool to see pics for an Odyssey, since the previous pictures are based on an '05 Accord. The chord on my '95 Odyssey looks identical, but placement seems to be further up under the dash, perhaps a little harder to reach. OTOH, having gone this far, your written description seems sufficient for me.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm gonna hav'ta stop responding to my own posts or someones gonna think I'm crazy. :dizzy:

Anywho...

I got the MES technique to work over the weekend, but only after more than a dozen failed attempts. One thing I learned, don’t bother with medium sized paper clips, they are too big to fit, you really must have small or use wire. I used wire that fit in the plug. I found the directions at Hondapitstop.com a little confusing so I rewrote them (see below).

I had no problem getting to step 4 below where the light comes back on but, until my last try, could not get the SRS light to go out in step 5. There were 2 contributing factors to this problem: 1) I’m pretty sure you have less than 4 secs after the light goes on in step 4 to reconnect the jumper. 2) It was difficult sticking a U-shaped wire in there quick enough. I eventually went to two pieces of wire, one in each hole, then put them together to jump the MES (this was suggested by someone else earlier), this made it easier to quickly jump the MES.

See link to hondapitstop.com in previous post for disclaimer and step 1.
2. Jump the MES (Memory Erase Signal) connector (this is 2 pin connector wrapped on yellow plugged in the front of the underdash fuse box)
3. Turn ignition switch on, SRS and other warning lights come one, but SRS goes out after 6 secs while others remain on (this is caused by jumping MES).
4. Remove the jumper within 4 secs of light going out, the SRS light will come on again.
5. Reconnect the jumper within 2 secs after the light has come on, the SRS light will go off,
6. Remove the jumper within 4 secs of the light going off, the SRS light will blink 2 times indicating the memory is reset.
7. Turn the ignition switch to off and wait for 10 seconds.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.