Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During this time of year (due to climate changes, elevation, etc), we've had a rash of "static shock" experiences. We would get shocked just walking through the house or just by driving our ODY around. They are not serious shocks but just enough to be annoying. Just the other day, I was holding my ODY keys in my hand preparing to head outside when my keys accidentally touched metal and "static connection" occured....you can actually see the sparks at night. Upon entering the vehicle, I could no longer start the ODY. I did all the normal system checks I could think of but no luck. I then went into the house and got my wife's ODY key and it started up just fine. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Can simply static electricity be enough to fry my key? Now I wonder if the dealership will replace it (if static electricty was the cause) or am I forced to buy a new key.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
182 Posts
I've seen posts before about static shock, but never that it took out the key. Maybe the key just needs to be programmed again. I would take it to the dealer and play dumb (not too hard for me
) and let them decide why one key works and one doesn't. It's their engineering design and static shock is not unusual, so they should cover it.
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Top