Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past week I had my Honda software updated as the delearship told me there was an update available. Since then I heard a static crackling popping sound coming from my speakers. It only happened once since the update but this is the first time I’ve heard it. It was so loud. Once i shut my drivers door (it was open as I was buckling my baby in thr back) it stopped. I have a 2019 exl with nav res. I haven’t even checked out my res since the update; I probably should. Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had something very similar to your experience; my RES was bad, and started rebooting itself over and over. The popping sound happened every time the RES rebooted.

They replaced my RES control unit, and everything has been good so far...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Happens to me from time to time. And in some cases, when this happens, few features like cabin watch are not working either. Brought it to dealer for a check, they claimed it was a known software issue. It disappeared by itself (I think even without software update)... and now it happens occasionally again. POS software.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Happens to me from time to time. And in some cases, when this happens, few features like cabin watch are not working either. Brought it to dealer for a check, they claimed it was a known software issue. It disappeared by itself (I think even without software update)... and now it happens occasionally again. POS software.
Any update on this?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Brining in our Ody this Monday for a "Honda display audio unit software update OTA PUD" recall. Our EX-L doesn't have RES or Cabin Watch so I'm curious if it has anything to do with that. Currently, our speakers work fine and there hasn't been any crackling.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts