Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always thought that the static shock I got from my Junkstar was awful. But... the Odyssey beats it hands down. We have been having cold, dry weather lately and the static shock I get when I exit my 02 Ody is horrendous.

I get to work when it's still dark, and the static spark is more like a flash bulb and reminds me more of arc welding than static shock. It hurt too.

Anyone been able to curb the unwelcome defibulation we get when exiting our Odys?

Fred

·
Registered
585 Posts
Easy as purchasing a can of 'static guard' from Kroger and spraying the heck out of the seats...and keeping the can stored in the van for when it wears off...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes.. it is awful and quite a snap! And it does hurt. I'll push open the door then close it with my planner. I'll try the "static guard".

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I've never tried static guard, but I might be concerned that it would attract dirt well.

As a side note, some hardware folks at work have a permanently mounted rubber strip mounted on a hinge under their car, such that when stopped, the rubber strip(which is presumably doped to make it conductive) droops and touches the ground. At the slightest motion of the car, the rubber starts to fly so it doesn't wear out.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Ya know, until this thread I didn't realize this--but with the leather, I'm getting zero static shock problem.

With the Previa, it was abundant. That was cloth seats.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I had an Audi(yes, with cloth seats) awhile back and use to get zapped whenever i got out of the car when air was dry (don't seem to have that problem with current car, but i do have sheepskin seat cover), to prevent from getting zapped, i would hold on to the top of the door while i was getting out of the car and never got zapped again(yes, people would ask me what i was doing, because it looked strange).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts