Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone in the Oddy community know where I can purchase a Steel Horse Video Tote Bag model 38001. It the the bag designed to hold a 9" TV/VCR combo between the seats?. All the deals I have tried say they are sold out and are awaiting a shippment. Some have speculated this product is no longer made. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi Habfan,

For what's worth:

My husband and I bought one of these at Target stores in Grand Rapids Michigan for $65 with tax. We ended up with a different arrangement and returned it unused!

Check Target.com online you should be able to order it there. If you have no luck still...I'm not sure where else to get one. A few posts on the ODYCLUB mention that different stores in the US have clearanced the price down to less than $35? If I check the store by us here and it has gone down in price I'll let you know that. Shipping the package would be close to $15 via UPS I think?

·
Registered
2,187 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
You can also order it through your local Canadian Tire retail store. They sell other Steel Horse products and they are quite happy to special order the tote bag. We're very happy with our bag and TV/VCR set-up!

------------------
2000 Acura Nighthawk Black Pearl TL
1993 Ford Explorer

·
Registered
27 Posts
The current J C Whitney catalog has them at $49.99. It's item No.47zz7217y.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I've been to several Targets around us and none seemed to have the bag anymore. The kids working there did not know if any others were coming in.

Ordered one from JC Whitney. We'll let you know how it is.

·
Registered
131 Posts
JC Whitney is out of stock and cannot ship a tote out until April 4. Cancelled our order as we'll need it before then. Back to ebay and Target I guess.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Target advertisement deal

I checked our Target store over this past weekend. They display area were they stocked them was empty! Appearantly an ad was run less than a month ago. When you bought a 9" TV/VCR combo the Steel Horse tv tote came free in the price (under $200, I guess for both). The Target manager I spoke with stated that they might resume stocking, but they didn't sell well until the package price which just ran in the paper. I would double check any Target stores in the Chicagoland area or call several outside your area-maybe they still have a few in stock?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Saw a couple in a Target store in San Diego last weekend. It is on sale in the electronics department, under an obscure corner.

I was thinking of getting one for my 9" TV/VCR combo, but my wife thinks it is "ugly". So I may end up spending a few hundred dollars more buying a flip down screen & a VCR.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Re: Target advertisement deal

stephiowa said:
I checked our Target store over this past weekend. They display area were they stocked them was empty! Appearantly an ad was run less than a month ago. When you bought a 9" TV/VCR combo the Steel Horse tv tote came free in the price (under $200, I guess for both). The Target manager I spoke with stated that they might resume stocking, but they didn't sell well until the package price which just ran in the paper. I would double check any Target stores in the Chicagoland area or call several outside your area-maybe they still have a few in stock?
I've been checking every Target store in our area. I had scouts out looking too, but we haven't found any! I agree they are ugly, but functional. We will only use it on long trips.

·
Registered
35 Posts
sdody said:
I was thinking of getting one for my 9" TV/VCR combo, but my wife thinks it is "ugly". So I may end up spending a few hundred dollars more buying a flip down screen & a VCR.
They may be ugly, but they work. Thanks to the fine folks here, I picked one of these up at my local target. It was on sale, plus I got them to take another 10% off because it was an opened box, and ended up paying about $38 for it.

We purchased a 9" tv/vcr combo over a year ago thinking we could use it in the van. Until this tote, I never found a way to install it that I felt was safe, convenient, and effective. This thing installs very quickly (except the first time) and is easy to remove. Everyone in the rear can see it because it is at a good height and a 9" screen is huge inside the van thoiugh it doesn't even interfere with the armrest for the front passengers.

We used it for the first time a couple of weeks ago for a 5 hour (one way) drive. I picked up an $80 portable DVD player at HSN ( a cheapie, but it worked great) and my son watched his DVDs the whole way and didn't complain about the trip once (a first).

Total installed price was $200 for the TV/VCR (a year ago), ~ $40 for the Tote, and $80 for the DVD player. $320 installed, not too shabby. My wife also uses the TV/VCR in the house on occasion, so we get double duty out of it. We will only use the TV in the van for long trips and I couldn't be happier with this solution. The flip down LCDs are nice, but they just weren't in my budget.

descentr

1 - 11 of 11 Posts