Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
nemogira,
That be me. I was watching it since this afternoon and decided to just go for the "Buy it now" option to get it on its way. The price from ahmotor was the same as you paid so I figured this was a fair price. I had emailed the seller this afternoon and he said it was removed from a new TL that the buyer wanted the wood/leather wheel. I just about bought a taupe Accord airbag from eBay last week, but was afraid it wouldn't match up to the mounting tabs on the wheel. Also considered an Acura airbag. Any thoughts about what airbag might fit?

After seeing your pic of Ody with dash removed, you still my hero! I had to replace a heater core in a car a few yrs ago, and completely removed the dash to get to it. Looked about like yours. Got it all back together with no extra parts and felt good about it. I wish I was closer so I could work with you on it. Lookin' good!

------------------
Lanny
2K1 EX MB

·
Registered
182 Posts
nemogira,

I haven't bought the airbag yet. I remember Hy showing that his airbag didn't match up with the steering wheel he tried to use. So I thought the reverse may be true, if I get another airbag it may not match up with the new wheel. There was an Acura airbag for sale a while back and I thought about it but wasn't sure then if I'd ever get the wheel. Then last week there was a Honda airbag which didn't get any bids. The guy is about 120 miles away so I may call him and drive there if he still has it. I'll mount the new wheel first so can eyeball the back of airbag to compare to others.

Now I'll have to buy digial camera to show pictures! Wife just looooveees my projects!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Airbag is for a 99 Accord but don't know which model. He gave me the Honda PN, so I was going to take PN to dealer and have parts dept help me. I might just not install the wheel but take it to the guy that has the airbag and see if they match up. I think the Acura airbag would match okay since the wheel is from the Acura. If I do get Honda airbag that works I'll post the PN and pic of back side for anyone to see.

·
Registered
182 Posts
nemogira-I checked the online catalog at hondaautomotiveparts.com and the Accord EXV6 airbag has the same SKU number for years 98 through 01. But I need a more sure way to match an airbag to the wheel as Hy thought he got a wheel for an Accord V6. Also, I thought there were other problems with the wheel he got besides the airbag not fiting, like maybe some of the hub holes being different size and the wheel rubbing when you turn it. BTW, does anyone know if everything is ok with Hy as he hasn't posted for a while?

·
Registered
182 Posts
abyez-yea, I can put the Acura airbag on, buy a MDX emblem to put where I removed the Ody one, then sell it as an MDX and buy a new 02 Red Ody with navi B4 nemogira gets his back together!!

------------------
Lanny
2K1 EX MB

·
Registered
182 Posts
There are two auctions now on eBay for Honda leather steering wheels. One is dark gray and the other is taupe. From the pictures, looks like they will fit the Ody.

------------------
Lanny
2K1 EX MB

1 - 6 of 6 Posts