Honda Odyssey Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Here's the pic used for a 2001 Accord 4DR EX-UL Leather KA4AT Steering Wheel (SRS) V6. SKU# 38776. Based on the picture it looks just like my Acura/Ody wheel.

Now the thing that puzzles me is the picture used for the Odyssey is the other kind of hub?

-nemogira

P.S. I know...it's been a while since Hy posted here. I hope he's okay.

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
261 Posts
"....there were other problems with the wheel he got besides the airbag not fiting, like maybe some of the hub holes being different size and the wheel rubbing when you turn it......"

I talked to Trevor yesterday and he said his previous test on accord wheels looked so "close" to the Ody's but there were some very minute differrence in the holes....here is what he said exactly :
"...however several of the mounting screws were different sizes and a couple of the mounting points were off."

So there you go. In the end all I did was ask a request he make another comparison of all Honda Accord wheels with the ody's - "...comparison of the part# of the hardware that mounts to the wheel, unfortunatly I don't have access to an Odyssey to take the wheel off of."

I hope this is somewhat helpful to you. my_ody2001. I think i would have to lean toward the Acura S/W side.

------------------

·
Registered
182 Posts
abyez-yea, I can put the Acura airbag on, buy a MDX emblem to put where I removed the Ody one, then sell it as an MDX and buy a new 02 Red Ody with navi B4 nemogira gets his back together!!

------------------
Lanny
2K1 EX MB

·
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by abyez:
"....unfortunatly I don't have access to an Odyssey to take the wheel off of."
</font>

Man it's HOT in California! Whew, I thought I'd take a lil' break from the NAVI conversion and maybe help shed some light on the current subject. Well since my steering is currently accessible I thought I take some pics. I'm not quite sure what Trevor was taking about but for my wheel these are the key mounting areas:

-nemogira

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
261 Posts
whoaaAAA!!!!!!!

these 2 pics speak for themselves. Priceless, PRiiiiiiiiicceless!

Thanks nemo, and I thought you wrote in your Email stating that the Navi project is finished and it is working. Any report out yet?

U R the best.

------------------

·
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I'm on break #2. Yes, I did tell you it's working. But I'm stilling putting all the other parts back. But the important thing is - it's working. The NAVI is WORKING!!! Can't say the same for the Climate Control though. I need to special order a certain part not included on regular EXs. Oh well.

Breaks over...back to work!

-nemogira

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
182 Posts
There are two auctions now on eBay for Honda leather steering wheels. One is dark gray and the other is taupe. From the pictures, looks like they will fit the Ody.

------------------
Lanny
2K1 EX MB

·
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by my_2001ody:
There are two auctions now on eBay for Honda leather steering wheels. One is dark gray and the other is taupe. From the pictures, looks like they will fit the Ody.

</font>
Before bidding ask if they are 4 holes in the top of the steering wheel plate. It supposed to be for the rubber cushion behind the airbag. It's kind of hard to tell if there are holes at the top based on their pictures. Thats the only major difference I can see. Everything else looks like it should fit.

-nemogira

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Here's a response from that guy selling the 2 steering wheels. (This is refering to the dark grey/black steering wheel):

THE STEERING WHEEL IS BLACK LEATHER FORM A 2001 ACCORD V-6 THAT HAD TAN
LEATHER INTERIOR WITH BLACK STEERING COLUMN COVERS. THERE ARE 4 HOLES AT THE
TOP OF THE METAL PLATE THE INNER 2 ARE THREADED AND THE OUTER TWO ARE NOT.
THE PICTURE IS NOT OF THE ACTUAL WHEEL. THANKS FOR THE QUESTION PP2001

Well that's settles it. Those two 2001 Accord EXL wheels should fit the Odyssey. Also, this is not the first time I've seen this guy auctioning these kind of items. So don't go crazy with the bidding. Nothing more that $80 should do it. I'm sure he'll come out with more later. Happy bidding!

-nemogira

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

21 - 30 of 30 Posts