Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Honda EX-l. 60,000 miles.
The tyres are Yokohama Avid TRZ
Trying to troubleshoot issue with slight vibration on sterring wheel on the highway. After long drive on highway, my hands felt a little peculiar, like they were numb. There was a little bit of vibration at 65 mph, but did not seem speed relative. Also did not notice it come on or off when the ECO light came on.
Leaning towards rear engine mount, but not sure how to troubleshoot. I have seen photo's online for what to look for, but cannot see the area the photo is taken of.
I haven't driven any other Odyssey's to see if this is the normal feel as one of the reviews I read online said there was vibration felt through the steering wheel. I hadnt noticed it around town.
Can others provide any guidance.
Thanks,
Al

·
Registered
349 Posts
Al, before I would start looking at motor mounts I would have my tires rotated and balanced to see if that provides any relief. At the same time I do a visual inspection of your suspension components. You are bumping up against the reasonable service life of your shocks and struts if they are still originals. Just a thought.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had the opportunity to drive the car again tonight for the second time. It's my wife's so I let her drive it when I am in the car. Noticed it even when in park just after start up can feel the vibration even before it goes into gear. The vibration does not very with engine speed.
Thanks for any input.
Al

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'd guess you are feeling two different vibrations. There's not much thats going to be the same at idle v. running that would cause a steering wheel vibration. I'd go with the rotate and balance first (its cheap), then try to diagnose more if needed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts