Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I've been reading this forum for a while for info on my 1998 Odyssey, but this is the first time I've had a question that I could not find the answer to. I was hoping someone here might be able help me out.

I bought a Pioneer DEH-1300MP head unit to replace the factory unit so that I could play my ipod and cd's. I installed the stereo and it lights up, seems to get radio stations, and plays cd's, but there is no sound whatsoever. In addition, the back of the unit gets extremely hot.
I used a Metra wiring harness designed for the 98 Odyssey and connected all the like colors together, including the black ground wire. There is one wire coming out of the Pioneer unit that does not match a wire on the harness. It is a blue/white wire with a sticker on the end that says system remote control. I have an extra wire coming from the harness that is blue and says power antenna. My car does not have a power antenna. Should I connect these 2 wires? Is there something else that I am doing wrong?

I hooked the original stereo back up, and it works fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Max

·
Registered
27 Posts
that extra wire could be the remote turnon for an external amp. wish I could offer more help.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Nope. Recheck the wiring to the adapter harness. No amps are in our vans. It could be bad from the factory. (pioneer)

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Blue/white wire = remote for amplifier (external)
Don't need to hook this up if you don't have subs in your van.

Power antenna = Don't hook this up either.

If you aren't getting sound, check the speaker wiring. Possibly you do not have speakers hooked up properly, DID they work prior to installing the stereo?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the replies. Turns out the unit was bad. I got a replacement, finally had a chance to install it this weekend, and it works with the same wiring as the other one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts