Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 2007 Honda Odyssey that I believe is a lx? It has the leather seats and all, but doesn't have the Navi in the dash or entertainment. The stereo is the basic 6 disc changer. I recently bought a kit to use the aux button to listen to music on my cellular device. I noticed that the tweeters on the dash have a bit of static in them. Is there anything I can do? Is that a sign that they need replaced. Also, I'm curious to when I installed this kit for the aux, they had me unplug a white plug from the stereo and replace it with the one for the aux input. Does anyone know what the harness I unplugged to replace was used for? Everything seems to be still working. Also, anything additional reccomended to upgrade the stereo sound in the van?

Thanks!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Was the static before u got the aux port installed?....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi all,

I have a 2007 Honda Odyssey that I believe is a lx? It has the leather seats and all, but doesn't have the Navi in the dash or entertainment. The stereo is the basic 6 disc changer. I recently bought a kit to use the aux button to listen to music on my cellular device. I noticed that the tweeters on the dash have a bit of static in them. Is there anything I can do? Is that a sign that they need replaced. Also, I'm curious to when I installed this kit for the aux, they had me unplug a white plug from the stereo and replace it with the one for the aux input. Does anyone know what the harness I unplugged to replace was used for? Everything seems to be still working. Also, anything additional reccomended to upgrade the stereo sound in the van?

Thanks!
Was the static before u got the aux port installed?....
I honestly don't know. I never noticed until I put in the aux. I do have a ground loop isolator in, so it isn't feedback from grounding issues.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Could be a wire issue. If I were u I'll try to remove the aux kit and put everything back as it was before and test it out. If the noise goes away..then there is something wrong with the aux kit or installation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts