Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I get my 07 EX-L Monday morning can't wait. This is my second honda I had a 1990 CRX which I finally killed after 260,000 miles thanks to a stop sign ran by a little old lady. True story. This site has gotten me excited again about a vehicle, my 73 bmw 2002 *O=()()=O* will be getting parked for a resto so the new Odyy will be fun to explore and Mod. I already can't wait to try the "all windows down" Mod and the "all locks unlock at once", not to mention the "doors open and drive" mod, or how about the "put the vehicle in park and the doors unlock" automatically. (o fcourse if I have the mod to drive with doors open I probably do not need the mod to unlock the doors when put in park..hmmmm". The only thing thats sucks is I have to wait until Monday..... :confused:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well Hi Tim

Just so I don't feel left out I'll reply to myself. Hope you enjoy your odyssey..I gotta get those 18" MDX Wheels.....:D

·
Super Moderator
13,784 Posts
Well, Tim, welcome to the Odyclub. Weekends are a bit slow in Odyland.

Congratulations on your new purchase. :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the welcome

Well after driving it home 260 miles, I may have to get another one for myself..but today as wife was taking the little one to school I noticed the backup camera was not on, when I pushed the menu button on the screen it asked for a code. :(
Now from searching on this site looks like I have to pull the Navi unit to get the serial # as the only way to get the code...I have know idea why this happened, other than the wife stating "she didn't touch anything" which is a 50/50 chance of that, so I used it all the way home yesterday. Any idea what caused this? I have a sticker with a # on the glovebox(outer leftside) tried it too many digits so I hope thats the radio code..but looks like I have a weekend project ahead. Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
13,784 Posts
If you know the original selling dealer, they have the codes on file and you shouldn't have to pull out the NAV unit. Also, check the owner's manual. Some dealers stick the label there. The NAV version of the sticker has 2 codes on the same sticker. The 5 digit code is for the radio itself and the 4 digit one is for NAV if I am not mistaken.

Also, if you register on Honda's OwnerLink site, you might have a shot at getting the code without pulling out the NAV unit. They have a process to get the codes online too.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks

Thanks for the information. I also came across something that the sn# can be gotten from the actual dvd rom which the disc goes in? not sure..Thanks for your Help will definately try all options before removing..

·
Super Moderator
13,784 Posts
Re: Thanks

cygnus said:
Thanks for the information. I also came across something that the sn# can be gotten from the actual dvd rom which the disc goes in? not sure..Thanks for your Help will definately try all options before removing..
Yes. Your information is correct. If you cannot get the code, the NAV serial number is on the DVD Drive unit that is under the driver's seat.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Re: Thanks

dvpatel said:
Yes. Your information is correct. If you cannot get the code, the NAV serial number is on the DVD Drive unit that is under the driver's seat.
Thanks dvpatel will look tonight when I get home. You wouldn't happen to know honda 800# to call to get the code with the sn#..I can't seem to find that number again....

·
Super Moderator
13,784 Posts
You don't call Honda you just call your local Honda dealer. That's what I do. Once they made me come down and show my ID but they typically just pull the code up in their system and tell it to you.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Called Honda

Thansk again dvpatel, I called my local dealer they wanted me to bring it in so I called the number for Honda in another post from this site 1-800-999-1009. They were very helpful, they updated my Vin information to show that I now own the Odyssey and after I gave them the sn from the navi unit which I got by putting a mirror on the floor and read it upside and backwards I was able to get the code for the navi and then also they gave me the radio code all in less than 5 min. I also found out I have to recalls 1 for a soft brake pedal and 1 for a transmission software upgrade, getting those done Firday morning, But now my check engine light has come on and the ECO light will not light..I've only put about 500 miles on it so far, hope nothing major but will find out friday. Thanks again for your help.. I love this Forum..

·
Registered
6,076 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Warranty

Hello Newdadvan, Warranty if I only had one, The 07 has 95,000K miles does it have any warranty? I just purchased it Monday and am strongly thinking of buying an extended warranty with a third party but haven't looked into it yet, Looks like another search for the Board. Thanks for the Link about the TSB

1 - 15 of 15 Posts