Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what percent do you think the stock tint is? i wanna match the driver and passenger windows. im thinkin 20% ??

·
Registered
632 Posts
I just have tint applied last week on front driver and passenger window with 27% max allowed by law in my state and it pretty much matched the rear privacy glass shade.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Here's a link I found years ago when I was moving from Florida to the Northeast.

Tint Laws

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info on state laws. in ny looks like no tint is legal. doesnt matter im still gonna tint them. I just want alll the windows to match. if the fronts get tinted darker than the rest of the windows I think it will look terrible. I wonder if I call honda they could tell me the exact percentage the windows are tinted from factory?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
i have 30% on the fronts, and it's just barely lighter. I also add a long windshield strip which helps A LOT.

30% is as dark as I can go here, but I find that it looks good.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Thanks for the info on state laws. in ny looks like no tint is legal. doesnt matter im still gonna tint them. I just want alll the windows to match. if the fronts get tinted darker than the rest of the windows I think it will look terrible. I wonder if I call honda they could tell me the exact percentage the windows are tinted from factory?
Hopefully you don't keep getting ticketed/violations.. In my opinion I would just comply with the state regulations to avoid hassle and $$.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
looks good philzj !! Definetly notice a slight difference though. now that I see im thinkin closer to 20%

·
Registered
359 Posts
it's hard to get a perfect match because the front windshield lets alot of light in so it makes it seem like the front door tint is a little lighter than the rear tint.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
looks good philzj !! Definetly notice a slight difference though. now that I see im thinkin closer to 20%
Thanks for the compliment.
Ya, there is a difference, and that's why I wanted to post pictures.
With my first car, (jeep grand cherokee) i tried to match the factory tint, and it was one of those 'close enough but not quite right' also after a little time, it seems like the tint started changing shade a bit, so to me it looked like I tried to match and failed. So I then removed that tint, and just put 30% on the fronts. Then it was obvious I didn't try to match, and it was deliberate, and I preferred that. Also, it was easier to see in the mirrors at night.
with that said, if you can match it perfectly, ya that would look great. I just didn't pull it off the one time I tried it.

happy tinting :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
@philzj- I was actually thinkin the same thing. Go lighter and it wont look like a failed match. Took the thoughts right outta my brain lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
what percent do you think the stock tint is? i wanna match the driver and passenger windows. im thinkin 20% ??

Took my Ody to get the fronts tinted today, and had the tint guy put a meter on the windows. It read a hair over 25%, so he did the fronts with a 27% VLT tint (I think it is actually 35% over the factory coating).

With all the light coming in the windshield, it does look lighter, but at night, or with the windshield covered, it matches.

Hope it helps.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hopefully you don't keep getting ticketed/violations.. In my opinion I would just comply with the state regulations to avoid hassle and $$.

In my opinion as a Cop,... we don't look at +35K vans where all windows match. Only if your vehicle screams "pull me over!!" when tint is under 15%..

My .02.. again my .02.

20% is the closest to match factory rear.

Pat

1 - 20 of 27 Posts