Honda Odyssey Forum banner

stone chips on fender - rusting

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  hackundertaker 
#1 ·
i have 3 small stone chips already on my fender and it is already dark in color like rust..

i have a bellanova white pearl and Honda Canada doesn't have touch up paint for this color :( do you think it is ok to use the tafetta white touch up paint?

I should've invested in clear bras...

will post picture later..

#2 ·
I would not use the Tafetta white if you ask, but given the pencil size and the price I guess you can buy the OEM in the US and get it shipped to Canada?

Something like this:

Honda Touch-Up Paint *New* "NH603p White Diamond Pearl" | eBay

To make sure you have the right color, FHP (the seller) offers this:

You can get the color code from the Drivers Inner Door Jam located on the body of the car or you can message us with your Vin number and we can give you the color code you need for your car. If you do not see your Color listed Please feel free to message us with your Vin number and we will create a listing for you.

#3 ·
Good advice BigBoat. White is not white is not white. Touch up is hard enough to get "right" without starting off on the wrong foot by getting a color that doesn't match your vehicle. The color match is critical if you want the repair to be reasoanably done.

#4 ·
My friend has a 2008 white Subaru Impreza Hatchback. He was rear ended at a stop sign and the paint on his rear bumper was damaged. The insurance company recommended he go with their preferred body shop. The bumper is plastic so it's very hard to color match. Now he's driving a car with two tones of white!!!

:rollingeyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.