Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone with the new 2011 ody removed the bin between the front row seats?

i've done it to see but there's this plastic piece in the floor as well as a large hook that remains.

currently, when the dog comes along, we fold down 1 of the rear 3rd row seats so she has room back there... but if we ever wanted all 8 seats for kids/passengers, i was thinking the dog could be up front...

anyone remove that plastic piece? does the metal hook come with it?

just wondering...

we may just lay a thick blanket/sheet over it, if it doesn't come out...

it would've been nice if honda designed the hook to be recessed to allow the area to be flat. is that the case for the 05-10 ody's?

·
Registered
799 Posts
The previous generation Odys all had a table mounted to the passengers seat that could be flipped down and stowed to provide a flat floor pass through. There was no contact between it and the floor. When it was up it was suspended between the two seats.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cntrtwnltd said:
The previous generation Odys all had a table mounted to the passengers seat that could be flipped down and stowed to provide a flat floor pass through. There was no contact between it and the floor. When it was up it was suspended between the two seats.
ahhh...

i can see why they went with a big sturdy bin with the cupholders. my man purse (timbuk2 bag) doesn't fit in it, but i'm sure some purses probably definitely do fit.

but still wish they could've engineered it to maintain a flat area when removed...

·
Registered
197 Posts
I was disappointed, too, when I saw the remains after removing the center console. Sometimes you just don't understand what they were thinking.

Same with the inability to move a second row captain chair next to the other second row captain chair. It's so close to working, why couldn't they have made it work.

Questions that will probably never be answered.

·
Registered
799 Posts
It seems that the walkthrough passage between the 1st and 2nd rows is a fading convenience item. The new Sienna and Quest have fixed consoles. (Sienna owner confirm? I'm positive about the Quest) I however am flexible enough to climb back there with or without the console inplace. In fact, more often than not, the tray table is so cluttered with junk that I never fold it down to get to the back. But it would be a feature I would miss.

·
Registered
161 Posts
In our 2004 Sienna XLE LTD, we could remove the center console from the front, but never did. It was not easy to do at all. Not sure if the current model can do it or not. I know the 2007 model still had the console, which looked the same so I assume it can be removed.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Removable center console is a godsend here in Chicagoland winter. Open the sliding door. Dump the kids in the car. Jump in with them. Close the door. Strap the kids in without single digit temperature biting you. Get to my driver seat without having to open the door to get out again. Again, a Godsend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.