Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Boys and Girls. Many, many years ago I remember seeing a car cover in some obscure catalog that was made out of bubble wrap. You know, the same stuff you would find in a shipping container. The concept was that you basically store this thing in a box in the garage and when severe weather was in the forecast, you throw it in your trunk (cargo hold) just in case you actually come face to face with such a beast. They were said to be very effective at preventing damage from hail or other air born objects. This is not a cover intended for long term use as it would not allow moisture to escape and would ultimately do real nasty things to your paint. Have any of you heard of a current version of this product? Any idea where to find one?

------------------

See my Pics

Tom
2002 RP EXL-RES

·
Registered
1,846 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now that's different. Thanks for the idea. The one I remembered was pretty much like your run of the mill car cover except that is made out of bubble wrap. It seemed like the individual bubbles were about 1/2 " to 5/8" in diameter and were intended to absorb the impact of hail.

------------------

See my Pics

Tom
2002 RP EXL-RES

1 - 4 of 4 Posts