Honda Odyssey Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 45 K miles 2007 Ody EXL with Entertainment and GPS. A few days ago when I turn on the ignition. A strange knocking noise (sounds like a solenoid is flipping on and off continuously)came on for about 30 seconds and then the knocking noise stopped. The noise seems to be coming from inside the rear right side panel next to the 3rd row folding seat. The van starts up OK and everything is funcitoning (including the sliding doors, power windows, all door locks and seat belts). The strange noise reappears for 30 seconds each time when I start up the car since. The knocking noise comes on even when I turn the ignition key ON without starting the engine. I was wondering if other Ody owners have experienced similar noise issues. Any suggestions of what is causing the strange knocking noise.

Thanks,
Rano

·
Registered
4 Posts
Strange knocking noise when turn key on ignition

I have a 45 K miles 2007 Ody EXL with Entertainment and GPS. A few days ago when I turn on the ignition. A strange knocking noise (sounds like a solenoid is flipping on and off continuously)came on for about 30 seconds and then the knocking noise stopped. The noise seems to be coming from inside the rear right side panel next to the 3rd row folding seat. The van starts up OK and everything is funcitoning (including the sliding doors, power windows, all door locks and seat belts). The knocking noise reappears for 30 seconds each time when I start up the car since. The knocking noise comes on even when I turn the ignition key ON without starting the engine. I was wondering if other Ody owners have experienced similar noise issues. Any suggestions of what is causing the strange knocking noise.:huh:

Thanks,
Rano

·
Registered
4 Posts
Strange knocking noise inside the rear right panel next to the 3rd row seat

Actually, the knocking noise sounds more like the seat belt solenoid was energized on and off for exactly 30 seconds each time when I turn on the ignition. If a bad fuel pump is the cause of the nosie, I would think the engine will not start or will die soon afterwards. The engine is running fine and the car runs normal.

There is a airbag for the back row seats hidden on the pillar between the siliding side door and the rear window. Can the knocking noise coming from the airbag assembly?

Did any one know What type of car components or moving parts is housed inside the rear right panel next to the 3rd row seat? Can it be part of the electric sliding side door machanism. How do you remove the rear right panel on a 2007 Ody?:huh:

Thanks,

Rano

·
Registered
1 Posts
Click noise inside rear right when starts

I just bought a used 07 Odyssey and it's fine for the first two weeks. Yesterday I heard click noise for ~ 30 seconds when engine starts, then stops. Everything else is fine.

I saw couple of complains here about this issue. Anyone has a solid answer.

Thanks.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Same Problem

I have the exact same problem and it just started happening a week ago on our '06 EX-L. I start the van and hear the click noise for about 30 seconds and then it stops. Sound is definitely coming from behind the right rear panel. Everything runs fine and I have not issues, but it is starting to bother me.

My bor-in-law just installed a tow hitch on his '07 EX and had to run the wires to a relay panel behind the right panel. He said that it was not hard to get behind the panel, but he said that there was not much there, other than the rear AC and relay panel.

May have to try and get back there this weekend and see what it is.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts