Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the HandA-accessories site to order some striker covers. I had wanted to buy one 3/4-width large cover, two full-width large covers, and 7 small covers. I was surprised to learn from Trevor that Honda does not make full-width large covers.

So what do people do when their seats are fully removed? Doesn't Honda expect that people would want the strikers to be completely covered? Seems to be a no-brainer part that Honda has overlooked.

Are there any alternatives that people have used for full-width striker coverage?

------------------

2001 EX-NAVI, SS
1997 Accord EX-L, Forest Green
Previous Hondas:
1992 Accord EX, White
1982 Accord DX, Silver

·
Registered
180 Posts
I think nemogira has the right answer, but I've been too cheap/lazy to do it. So when all the seats are out (and the llama liner isn't in) there are some partially-uncovered strikers.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Steve,

It was never Honda's intention to sell striker covers to cover the spaces when the seats were out. They are not really a honda accessory, just a replacement part. That's why they're sold individually, instead of as a kit. Trevor began selling them because people asked for them.

Bob

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bobf58:
Steve,

It was never Honda's intention to sell striker covers to cover the spaces when the seats were out. They are not really a honda accessory, just a replacement part. That's why they're sold individually, instead of as a kit. Trevor began selling them because people asked for them.

Bob
</font>
I can see now that Honda didn't intend for the strikers to be covered, or else they wuold have thought to produce full-sized covers. But isn't it obvious that Honda should have expected that customers would want to cover them all when the seats are removed? If there's a need for the two that come with the Odyssey, there's a need for more. Seems pretty "Ford" to have exposed strikers.

·
Registered
196 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nemogira:
My guess is to just measure and cut up extra 3/4 cover.

-Nestor

</font>
Right answer. I purchased a full set of beige covers, including two 3/4 size with the intention of cutting one. Then we changed our order to RRP (requires grey covers) midstream so I didn't use them. I will be posting these for sale in the next few days.

------------------
Tom
2002 RP EXL-RES Soon!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by tomhan:
Right answer. I purchased a full set of beige covers, including two 3/4 size with the intention of cutting one. Then we changed our order to RRP (requires grey covers) midstream so I didn't use them. I will be posting these for sale in the next few days.

</font>
I am glad to hear from several people that this "mod" should work. Tomhan, I need grey or else I would have been interested in buying your beige covers.

Thanks for all the posts everybody.

·
Registered
212 Posts
There is a simple solution. When the seats are out, cover the openings with the carpet floor mats. Just move them back a foot or 2 from there normal position.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
tomhan said:

------------------
Tom
2002 RP EXL-RES Soon!
I got a full set plus 2 extra large covers. It took about 5 minutes to cut the 2 extra covers to fit the exposed strikers. It really looks clean with the seats out and the strikers all covered up.

The reason it took 2 extra covers, is because one end of the 3/4 cover is curved, and the other end is straight. You need 2 curved ends to close out the large striker areas. They cut wasily with a box knife.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts