Honda Odyssey Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8,446 Posts
Part # or model/year?

I asked my dealer parts guy about it but he didn't want to play at all, no way José.

·
Registered
752 Posts
This one is rather interesting to me. Seems like it would actually work fairly well.
/[/URL]
The Fumoto Valve is much better quality. But if anyone installs one, stay far away from the dealer on Transit Rd in Amherst NY (Buffalo area). The "head mechanic" got in my face right in front of a lot of customers wanting to know what "idiot" put that stupid thing on my oil pan. I informed him that this idiot did because of stupid mechanics that people like him hire that strip out oil pan threads. That happened several years ago now and I have never gone back there! The dealer in Erie Pa is much more customer friendly!!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Part # or model/year?

I asked my dealer parts guy about it but he didn't want to play at all, no way José.
Like I had said, I just picked the '98 Accord for the number at the time - 90009-R70-A00.
Nowadays, nearly all references in parts listings have been converted to that #. But the original bolt was shorter.
You can find almost any part # you are looking for going to hondapartsnow.com.
But if you go to collegehillshondaparts.com and enter that part # you can scroll down and see all model uses of it - 253 fitments.
Caution about going to ebay. A lot of listings show that #, but the picture shows the older, shorter bolt. Only some of the listings with the actual Honda parts bag shows the longer bolt.

·
Registered
8,446 Posts
Thank you!
Yep, that one fits my 2002.
Also, the catalog shows this part # alright.
Now, back to the dealer I go, armed with a part # this time. (Coming with the needed part # always puts them in a good mood. :rolleyes:)

·
Registered
2012 Honda Odyssey EX
52 Posts
Full disclosure, I've replaced all my Honda oil drain plugs with Fumoto valves. It mainly was the only way to get my daughter to do my oil changes; sensitive feminine skin and all regardless of nitral gloves !!!
I would first judge how long I was going to keep the vehicle. Since I drive mine till they die at what's usually 200k miles and it only has 75k now, I would "do it right and permanent" with the below kit and technique. Best wishes and luck, Mike

21 - 25 of 25 Posts