Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Zaino'd my van two months ago & was pleased beyond belief. Recently, it seems that the finnish is not near as "slick" or shiny as it once was. I am used to normal waxes wearing off, but all reports seemed to be that the Zaino treatment would last much longer. While I try to always hand wash my car with the Zaino cleaner, I regret to admit that I have gone through a touchless automated car wash from time to time. Is it possible that these detergents "stripped" away my protection? I normally get the cheap wash job with no wax, although my wife has gone through the "deluxe" wash and applied whatever liquid wax that was pumped through the nozzles. Is it possible that what I am seeing/feeling is this cheap wax buildup on top of my Zaino. If I reclean my vehicle with Dawn (the way I did before my first Zaino job) will it remove only this wax or will it also remove the Zaino protection?

Maybe my expectations have been raised too high! Any helpful hints would be appreciated.

------------------
2002 MB EXL NAV
Cargo Tray, iVES, Zaino, Poron Reverse Sensors, Door Edge Guards, Pioneer 1695's (all around), Fogs, & more ZAINO!!

·
Registered
331 Posts
I think what you are seeing are the results of using other products over the Zaino. I last applied Z to our Ody in mid October and I know under all the dirt and snow gunk is a still slick finish as I recently did the wet finger test!!

You may want to take the time to Dawn again to remove the car wash wax. It will not remove the Zaino. For kicks and giggles redo Z1 and Z2 and keep away from those auto units.

------------------
00 EX - Taffeta White
MacNeil Deflector, Weathertech Mats, Mud Guards, Panavise Phone Holder,
Cheerios and Goldfish on floor and under car seats.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts