Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to "store" my double stroller in the back upright, so that I still have place to put groceries, etc. without piling them on top of the stroller. I have a 36" bungee, but am looking for places to hook it. One can go on the cargo net hook, but where to put the other one?

------------------
-'01 MB EX
-Honda cassette
-plenty of Scotchguard!

·
Registered
331 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by caviller:
I installed additional tether anchors for bungee cords. I have a picture at:

http://photos.yahoo.com/tcaviller/
</font>
Those tether hooks look like the ones that come with most car seats now. I've got a couple lying around I may just install as cargo tie downs.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Be careful not to stip your weld nuts! Some anchor bolts are metric and some are english.

·
Registered
331 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by caviller:
Be careful not to stip your weld nuts! Some anchor bolts are metric and some are english. </font>
I shall. I have extra anchor kits we didn't need that came with our Century seats. (I can't believe I've bought six seats for 2 kids in less than 5 years!!!) When adding tether anchors to my Accord, I discovered the Century bolts were the same thread as the weld nuts. Luckily, no need for expensive Honda tether anchors. Hoping for the same in the Ody. I'll find out this weekend.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by robr2:
I shall. I have extra anchor kits we didn't need that came with our Century seats. (I can't believe I've bought six seats for 2 kids in less than 5 years!!!) When adding tether anchors to my Accord, I discovered the Century bolts were the same thread as the weld nuts. Luckily, no need for expensive Honda tether anchors. Hoping for the same in the Ody. I'll find out this weekend.</font>

Most Hondas use the same 8mm weld nut, so you should be OK if the Century parts are consistent.

·
Registered
27 Posts
For what its worth we store our double upright and I wrap the bungee around the left headrest posts. I adjust the headrest to the first notch up and that gives me enough room to reach around. So far so good, also keeps the wheels from rubbing on the seats.

·
Registered
141 Posts
For those of you with 2002s, you can just use the net in Hammock mode. Our stroller is tall enough to exert sufficient pressure on the hammock net so that it doesn't move in any direction.

For those with pre-02s... Chuck has a hammock net mod...

------------------
2002 Mesa Beige EX-L-RES w/ misaligned, hard to close driver door

·
Registered
27 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by tamisaac:
Ryan,
Do you have a picture of what you did? Thanks!
</font>
No, I haven't taken any pictures, but basically I just stand the stroller up in the cargo well and point the wheels away from the seats and wrap a bungee around the left headrest posts. If this is still a little unclear let me know and I'll take some shots next week.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'm worried about what we'll do with our wonderful Kelty dual jogging stroller that's roughly the size of a small pony. Will report back and look for help shortly - van comes tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I'm worried about what we'll do with our wonderful Kelty dual jogging stroller that's roughly the size of a small pony.</font>
shoot. That's all? A pony?

Any car you can fit two llamas into...

·
Registered
31 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ryan baca:
No, I haven't taken any pictures, but basically I just stand the stroller up in the cargo well and point the wheels away from the seats and wrap a bungee around the left headrest posts. If this is still a little unclear let me know and I'll take some shots next week.</font>
We did the same thing-- a 2 foot bungee cord around the headrest, with each hook attached to the stroller bar, holds it up nicely. Thanks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts