Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered strut assy's from Majestic. I usually order from Bernardi but their prices are way up on these. I e-mailed asking what the scoop is seeing they list the lowest prices and this is what I recieved for an answer: "Honda has been raising the price of that part. The new selling price is actually $460.48 each. Prices were raised most recently on July 1. They were also raised on June 1 and April 1. If you can order from those 2 companies for those prices I would act immediately before they figure it out. That is about $150 less per unit than I can buy from American Honda." Needless to say I took his advice and ordered them. The other company still showing the lower pricing is Hondapartscheap but they're total cost was more than Majestic.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wanted to get the whole assembly so I wouldn't have to buy all the individual parts. No one sells the whole deal that I know of besides Honda.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I bought the KYB damper and strut tops from TireRack for about $125/side. The other stuff can be reused. But the job would certainly be easier if you just buy the entire assembly.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I was very pleased with KYB GR-2 front struts, KYB front strut mounts, KYB strut boots/bellows. Added to this the OEM springs and sway bar link set from Majestic Honda. Just another route to go which may save some money based on all OEM parts.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My strut assemblies came in today, 2 days...wow. I also ordered rear shocks from Rockauto. I'm curious to see how different the old van rides after they are installed. It should be quick and painless too.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Was your strut assy complete. I mean you dont have to compress the springs? Just remove the old and put in the new kit strut and spring? Thanks

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Complete and almost painless to change. The hardest part is the nut on the sway bar link (not sure what they call it). Impact wrench is very helpful though. I got it aligned today, I had it really close :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Is there any difference between the strut assemblies for the LX and EX? I'm seeing different prices between the two and if there's no difference I'll go with the cheaper one.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't think so but best to compare the part numbers. You can look them up on Bernardi Honda or Majestic Honda.

·
Registered
95 Posts
rpedersen said:
I was very pleased with KYB GR-2 front struts, KYB front strut mounts, KYB strut boots/bellows. ...
Me as well. The KYB route was a lot cheaper than the OEM route plus the ride is much better.

Sunil

1 - 11 of 11 Posts