Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 2005 Odyssey and the third row seat on the driver side that won't fold into the cargo area. I can hear that it is not engaging and since the van is almost 17 years old the leaver to pull to engage with the strap broke. I use my van for traveling and really need this seat to fold back into the cargo area so I can put the platform for my bed in when traveling. I posted pictures. TYIA!
Car Automotive design Motor vehicle Vehicle Personal luxury car

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
To drop the seat into the cargo area I never fold the seat back forward/down first. All I do is pull the lever in the center of the seatback, give the top of the seat a slight pull and it self folds and drops into the cargo area. It looks like your center release latch is also broken.

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
4,821 Posts
And if my seatback is folded down, I will raise it up before pulling the release lever, as I don't want to stress the release lever mechanism. Bringing up the seatback allows me to pull the release lever and then release it.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Is there anyway to just get the seat unstuck and to stow away until I can get a replacement seat for the van? Does anyone know how to get it unstuck?
What do you mean, "unstuck"?
Is it actually stowed under the floor? Or it just won't "disengage" from the floor so that you can "stow" into the rear well?

·
Registered
17 Posts
BOTH seats won't disengage?

Hi, No the 3rd row driver side won't disengage. I can hear that the mechanism isn't engaging to let the seat go down. The plastic handle broke from the van being 17 years old. The strap still works but even when you can get the broken handle to pull, the seat is still stuck in the upright position.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts