Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the installation location of the subwoofer from the honda accessories website.

------------------
2000 lx,fern grey,remote starter,honda single disc cd player,honda roof rack with cross rails,honda bra, hidden hitch,csa 5 spoke alloy wheels,15% film over oem privacy glass

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
I'm thinking it'll be under the passenger seat. On the EX the power seat stuff is in the way under the driver's seat.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I wonder if there's anyplace to put a sub in a NAV since the DVD unit is under the passenger seat.

------------------
Chuck

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Can you snap a pic of the unit? I'm interested in seeing what it looks like. I haven't seen any pics on the net of it.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jim F:
Can you snap a pic of the unit? I'm interested in seeing what it looks like. I haven't seen any pics on the net of it.

</font>
There's a pic here on Trevor's site. It doesn't look very big.
http://www.handa-accessories.com/odyelec.html

------------------
Chuck

[This message has been edited by ckonarske (edited 02-19-2001).]

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what about the pull out tray under the passenger seat? will it not be in the way?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fordsdad:
what about the pull out tray under the passenger seat? will it not be in the way?

</font>
It mounts under the drivers seat. If you have a CD changer you need to move it (cd changer) under the passenger seat, IF you have a tray there you loose the tray, IF you have NAV & CD changer you get NO sub. I think Honda could have done a better job than this!!
Whats up with the on/off button for the sub you have to drill into the front of you dash under the fog light switch? I think I would find another place for the switch (if wiring harnes permitted) or just keep it in the "on" possision and keep it hidden in the dash.

Michael

·
Registered
96 Posts
Has anyone gotten the sub yet? I am interested to see how well it performs and how the instalation goes.

Chris

------------------
99 EX Deep Velvet Blue
Fog Lights
Air Deflector
Splash Guards
Cargo Tray
Cargo Mat

·
Registered
38 Posts
The Sub Sucks

First of all make sure the dealer knows about the special wiring harness, or your heated seat will stop working properly.

OK now to the sub. It lacks the ability to turn the volume to 0. This is needed because it over powers all of your other speakers.
If you want your a$$ to shake all day you will use the sub. But if you want good sound stay away. It also sticks out a little and your left foot will hit it.

If I could return it I would. I do not even use it at all.

Steve

·
Registered
205 Posts
I beg to differ...

I have been pretty happy with the Kelton Subwoofer. Yes, it does stick out of the front of the seat a little, and yes, it can be a bit overpowering, however:

1) Where else is a good place to put a subwoofer, that does not compromise space?

2) There are 2 controls on the unit, one for volume and one for frequency range. If you turn the volume right down and turn the frequency range right up, you can tune the unit to complement the rather underpowered stock speakers.

3) The on/off switch on the dash is useful for turning the unit off when listening to talk radio, for example. The unit is automatically turned off when the engine is turned off, to conserve battery power.

I bought it at HandA for $211 and installed it myself - I consider it a worthwhile investment.

·
Registered
426 Posts
It's weak.

Attachments

·
Registered
426 Posts
Light reflections from an object on the floor while working.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Here's another view if you care to look at it.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts