Honda Odyssey Forum banner

subwoofer & cd changer?

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  sinbad 
#1 ·
I am thinking of buying the subwoofer for my 02 ody w/ navi. I have a cd changer installed already and mounted in the middle row under the driver side seat. I am wondering if I can install the subwoofer into my car? I called some local honda dealership and asked them the same question, they didn't know the answer. IS there anyone here who has the Navi ody w/ cd changer and a subwoofer? if so, how do you connect the subwoofer? I looked at the back of the factory head unit, I only c an empty slot for the cd changer which in my case is taken. So...

See less See more
#2 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Z32:
I am thinking of buying the subwoofer for my 02 ody w/ navi. I have a cd changer installed already and mounted in the middle row under the driver side seat. I am wondering if I can install the subwoofer into my car? I called some local honda dealership and asked them the same question, they didn't know the answer. IS there anyone here who has the Navi ody w/ cd changer and a subwoofer? if so, how do you connect the subwoofer? I looked at the back of the factory head unit, I only c an empty slot for the cd changer which in my case is taken. So...
</font>
The Kelton wire harness is designed for installation of the subwoofer under the front driver's seat. If your Navi DVD drive is under your front passenger seat (I don't have a Navi, so I don't know what the usual configuration is here) you are home free. The subwoofer harness connection includes several "patches" to hook into the existing vehicle harness (that already has the accessories installed) and will accomodate the optional CD changer as well as the other Honda accessories like the in dash 6 CD changer and the cassette deck. You can see the details of the install procedure in the manual, which is available on the HandA Accessories web site.

------------------
2001 EX
iVES
Infinity 652s/452s/105ts
Honda Wood Dash
Wheel Locks
Cargo Tray
Cargo Mat
Cargo Cover
Roof Rails
Cassette Player
Heartland console
Foglights
Tranny Cooler

Coming up: In dash 6 CD Changer
Glove Box Light
Kelton Sub
Honda wood/leather steering wheel

#3 ·
as odyfox said, the sub mounts under the drivers seat. The Nav is under the front passenger seat, and since you say the changer is under the second row, you'll have no problem.

The CD changer and the cassette deck plug into a square molex jack in the head unit. If you have both, as I do, the cassette plugs into the head unit, and then the changer plugs into the cassette. The sub does not use this connection. The sub harness connects between the main plug (power, speakers, etc.) and the head unit.

#5 ·
Bob, where are the CD changer and Casette player located/installed -- both in the dash, below the head unit?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.