Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried locating a subwoofer under one of the middle seats? The front seats will not have room for one because I intend to put a DVD player under the drivers and video/tv under the passengers seat.

I like the idea of placing it under a middle seat and making it easily removable, in case the seat is removed.

I am not sure if this mounting location causes problems. Will it annoyingly vibrate the seat, or the baby teeth out of my 2 year old sitting on top of it?

What brand and model do you recommend? I want to be able to slide the seat fore and aft when the subwoofer is installed?

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
To date, I have not seen anyone do this, though it's been talked about by some. With the more generous space below those seats, I'm sure there would be many workable solutions. Off the shelf though, you'd be hard pressed. Measure the space. There's the Woox by Kenwood, maybe check and see if a JL Micro would fit under the seat (dunno, probably too big)...

http://www.jlaudio.com/enclosures/81microsub.html

If the sub is contructed solidly, it shouldn't transmit alot of vibration to the seat.

Another option is to buy the Kelton sub, and lengthen the wiring harness so you can mount it under one of the middle seats.

Other than that, I'd say the way to do it is fabricate your own custom sub....

------------------
-Shin John
'01 DEP EX, and I'm workin' on it! (slowly)

·
Registered
42 Posts
ShinJohn,
Do you know if the WooX would fit under the driver seat like the Kelton?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by shinjohn:
To date, I have not seen anyone do this, though it's been talked about by some. With the more generous space below those seats, I'm sure there would be many workable solutions. Off the shelf though, you'd be hard pressed. Measure the space. There's the Woox by Kenwood, maybe check and see if a JL Micro would fit under the seat (dunno, probably too big)...

http://www.jlaudio.com/enclosures/81microsub.html

If the sub is contructed solidly, it shouldn't transmit alot of vibration to the seat.

Another option is to buy the Kelton sub, and lengthen the wiring harness so you can mount it under one of the middle seats.

Other than that, I'd say the way to do it is fabricate your own custom sub....

</font>

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Miss Ody:
ShinJohn,
Do you know if the WooX would fit under the driver seat like the Kelton?
</font>
Sorry, I don't know. My guess is not likely, esp if you have an EX. I believe someone in this forum was going to put one under the passenger front seat, but I'd have to search back to find out who did that and if it worked out. There's more room under the passenger seat.

Here are the dimensions of the woox, off the Crutchfield website:

15-1/8"W x 4-3/8"H x 8-3/16"D

You can try to measure the space and see. I think the height is the biggest problem @ 4.375"

Hope this helps a little.

------------------
-Shin John
'01 DEP EX, and I'm workin' on it! (slowly)

[This message has been edited by shinjohn (edited 03-05-2002).]

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks for providing the dimensions. That's actually a good place to start.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by shinjohn:
Sorry, I don't know. My guess is not likely, esp if you have an EX. I believe someone in this forum was going to put one under the passenger front seat, but I'd have to search back to find out who did that and if it worked out. There's more room under the passenger seat.

Here are the dimensions of the woox, off the Crutchfield website:

15-1/8"W x 4-3/8"H x 8-3/16"D

You can try to measure the space and see. I think the height is the biggest problem @ 4.375"

Hope this helps a little.

</font>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts