Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that from the Honda catalog it says that for the Navi model, it's 'not ok' to install the subwoofer and the cd changer together. I am wondering if thaz due to the reason they are both mounted under the driver's seat? or due to the reason that the factory head unit is not capable of connecting both of them? It would be great is I can have both of them installed, and I can mount the subwoofer under the driver's seat and the cd changer mounted somewhere else.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
The head unit should accept both of them. It's the physical space that's at a premium. Once the NAVI system is installed, there's only one front seat left to install something under. It can be either subwoofer or changer, but not both.

That's because Honda has determined these certain places to be where they want things mounted; to that end, they've built mounting kits and wiring harnesses that assume such.

To put the CD changer somewhere else, you'll need a longer wiring harness that supports that. Hmmmm....

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm considering an '02 Ody with Navi. I understand that the installation instruction does for subwoofer does mention that it cannot be installed with CD-Changer on the Navi model. However, on the Honda2001.com configurator, it does allow you to select both subwoofer and cd-changer as option for EX-L Navi. Does anyone have more updated info for this? Are they supporting an additional mounting location for the 2002 model?

I'm like to get a good idea before I place the order on mine...

Mecca

1 - 3 of 3 Posts