Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 EX with under 1000 miles. Windows Down A/C not on. Cruising slowly due to post hurricane traffic in DC. About 20-30 miles per hour. Two times within 3 hours of each time, found myself fighting to restrain a sudden surge. 2nd time on my way home, popped it into neutral. RPMs went to 4000. Then they dropped down to normal and no more issues today. Will take to the Bethesda dealer (Ourisman) this week to check out.

This concerns me. I'm aware enough to pop into neutral, but not everyone is, and I can't be perfect all the time.

Suggestions? This happened to me about a year when when I rented a Ford Explorer. I thought this issue was only Toyota, but it looks like it's all over the place. These cars are over computerized and there are too many glitches.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Wow....so you had this experience on a late model Explorer and now AGAIN with a new Odyssey? What are the chances?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Apparently, the chances are pretty good. I think these post 2000 cars are so technologically advanced that Sudden Acceleration could be as arcane as a bad line of code in an onboard computer. My 98 Sienna never suddenly accelerated and I don't think it's happened to our 99 Accord.

I brought the van to the dealer this morning, and I took the liberty to type up a description of what had happened.

The dealer is taking it very seriously and they are holding onto the van until the Area Zone Manager for service comes in later this week to inspect the van. They are providing a loaner car at no charge.

In other words, they are doing what they should be doing which is to be commended. I'm impressed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts