Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The sun is brutal. 103 degrees in Boston now. I am worrying about the leather in my Ex-L.

Is there any place that sells sun-shades for all windows of Odyssey? Anyone tried to make one? Any creative ideas?

I am thinking to buy the regular windshield sunshades, and cut them to each windows shape.

Any idea to protect the leather?

·
Registered
316 Posts
I am worrying about the leather in my Ex-L.
If you're really that concerned (I don't feel that you should be, it's rare that Boston sees the temps you're currently experiencing) about the upholstery then I suggest: http://www.formulaone.com/en/pinnacle.aspx

I'm looking at getting this for my van. In addition to blocking UVA/UVB rays, also cuts down on interior temps. I had a dealer hold two pieces of tinted glass, one normal and one with Formula One Pinnacle Series, and hold them up against a heat lamp. I could physically feel the heat reduction from the Pinnacle glass. Not sure how effective it would work on an actual vehicle, but reading online, a lot of people are happy with it.

My local shop here quoted me $350 for my van. Much cheaper than the $550 I was quoted for the Huper Optik tint, which is very similar to Pinnacle, but supposedly slightly better.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I want to retrofit the third row sunshades in my EX-L and I am going to be getting the front two windows tinted, which will help with UV and heat. I also bought a front window sunshade from autoanything, it fits well except it could be an inch or so taller, but kept the car nice and cool while sitting in a black top parking lot for over four hours in 90+ sunny day.

http://www.autoanything.com/driving-accessories/60A5833A0A0A3318023.aspx

·
Registered
786 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about the leather, especially in Boston. They sell these cars in Southern California, Nevada, Arizona, Texas, Florida, and many more areas of the country that see temperatures in the 90+ category far more times a year than Boston. I used to worry about that, but I realized its only a few days a year it is a problem here in Pennsylvania. I also am pretty good about parking indoors, underground, or in the shade.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts