Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Subject says it all. I like having the sun visor extension, but I have to hold the visor against the windshield with one hand and slide the extension out with the other to get it to fit behind the rear view mirror. Doesn't leave me with a hand for the wheel...

Anyone else notice this, or is my visor defective?

------------------
2002 LX

·
Registered
17 Posts
I suspect that the visor extension is designed more for when the visor has been rotated to your left, as the sun shines in from the left of the car. Then the extension allows you to completely block any low sun from entering the window to your left. It works like a dream for my family of drivers.

Just my HO.

Good luck,

Pseudolus

·
Registered
596 Posts
I wish that they would defuse the light in the area over the mirror so it doesn't need to be covered. On my dads Mercedes, the area over the mirror has lots of black dots that tame the sun real well. I'd like to see it on all cars.

Fred

P.S.
You can still mount a radar detector behind the defused area as it does not block the signal (at lease with my dads detector) and it hides the detector real well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. I guess my visor is working the same as everyone else's.

OK, so the visor extension is meant to only be used when the visor is over the side window and not the windshield.

The passenger side visor extension fits easily behind the mirror. So theoretically the driver's extension could have worked in either situation if it had been designed to do that.

I'm just as likely to be bothered by the sun shinning throught the space behind the mirror as by the sun coming from the side.

------------------
2002 LX

·
Registered
254 Posts
it only fits behind the mirror on the passenger side because the mirror is angled to the driver. if the passenger adjusted the mirror to see out the back, the visor extension would hit the mirror in that situation also.

------------------
2000 lx fern grey with mods

1 - 7 of 7 Posts