Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can get a super charger for my 1999 Ody? I've been told that they are available, but I don't know where to get one. Also, how much would it cost? Is the extra performance worth the extra cost?
Thanx in advance!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I now Jackson Racing sells them for under 3k. I was tossing the idea around myself. 40% power increase is what JR claims for the civics and accord (280HP - not too shabby). I would think the accord unit would work, but I don't know of any intake that has been fabricated to work on the ody.
Let me know or post if anyone has any info on the intake or whole system. If there is enough interest we can contact JR and let them know we are serious and that may work for us.

Tim

PS I picked up my 01 GG EX lastnight!!!!

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah ! I am sure many of us will be interested in getting something to make our already fast odyssey even faster !

·
Registered
27 Posts
The Jackson Racing Supercharger (JRSC) can be had for $2500 (sometimes even less) for the b16a (Civic Si engine). Of course, that's a 4 cylinder. In that application, it pretty much bolts on in place of the intake manifold but is a different size, so a new intake is needed. I have yet to look in the Ody engine bay...is there enough room for a SC?

Most likely, a short ram intake would work very well; it's just a short, curved pipe that attaches to the throttle body and has a cone filter on the end. The stock airbox, etc., all get ripped out. Superchargers work best with short intakes, so I'd stick with a short ram. You could custom-fab a "ghetto" cold air extension to pull cool outside air up to the end of the short ram and even construct an insulating "tub" around it to keep the hot engine bay from interfering with you cool, dense intake air.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so are you saying that we can have a SuperCharger in our Oddy with just a short ram air intake ? How much performance gain would you expect on the oddy ?

·
Registered
4,495 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know nothing about SuperCharger, so will one fit the odyssey ? I went to the JRSC site and none of them are for V6 engines. Are there any differences between I4 and V6 in terms of the super charger ?

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well then since all JRSC super charger are for I4, then it couldn't be use in the Odyssey ?

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Then that would mean A LOT of $$$$.
Any cheaper or easier way ?

·
Registered
254 Posts
is a chip available?

------------------
2000 lx,fern grey,remote starter,honda single disc cd player,honda roof rack with cross rails,honda bra, hidden hitch,csa 5 spoke alloy wheels,15% film over oem privacy glass

·
1,484 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lookinco:
Then that would mean A LOT of $$$$.
Any cheaper or easier way ?
</font>
Well lookinco, when we are talking about turb & superchargers - it's never gone be cheap. And the most easiest way is get one that's compatible with the Ody's V6.

fordsdad, that's a good question. Dunno?

Probably the best chance any of us got a boosting our engines is looking at the things they did in the MDX (240hp baby!). See what they got...then see what we could get.

-nemogira

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What I mean is I am willing to dish out $3000-4000 for a supercharger, but if major work is needed on the SC, that means extra money. A Chip would be nice. How about an engine swap of the Type-S engine !! =D

·
1,484 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lookinco:
What I mean is I am willing to dish out $3000-4000 for a supercharger, but if major work is needed on the SC, that means extra money. A Chip would be nice. How about an engine swap of the Type-S engine !! =D</font>
A type-S swipe WOULD be nice but probably too difficult to put in. I'm not sure how well the type-S engine would fit since the CL/TL-S has more room under the hood. Like I said you're best bet, especially for swapping, is the MDX - since it's based on the Odyssey engine. For superchargers there are no known charger specifically made for it. At least non that I know of (yet)
. Some have thought about using Accord chargers but there has been some issues of it not fitting.

-nemogira

P.S. How about using the $3000-4000 for other mods. Like 19 or 20" Rims, an imported body kit, a new paint job maybe? Engine swaps can often be a pain in the @$$! Just be aware.

------------------

2000 CCS EX-NAVI

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
P.S. How about using the $3000-4000 for other mods. Like 19 or 20" Rims, an imported body kit, a new paint job maybe? Engine swaps can often be a pain in the @$$! Just be aware.

I agree with Nemo that engine swaps can be a pain. Take it from me. A few of my Toyota buddies and I have swapped motors here and there and one of the most difficult things is the harness. Remember with an engine swap comes an ECU and wiring harness swap too.Another would be matching up the engine mounting points. In some cases, we had to fabricate new mounts and crossmembers.
Just my 2 centavos.

------------------
Rob/'01 GG LX
http://www.zing.com/album/?id=4292654815

1 - 20 of 36 Posts