Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question,

Is anyone experiencing climate control problems with their Odyssey? I have been having quite a time with mine, as I've described in another topic in this forum. Occasionally, it will go out all together, and it seems a different button will have to be pushed to make it come back on.

What problems have you had with yours?

------------------
2002 Odyssey GG EXL Splash Guards, Wheel Locks, Air Deflector, Cargo Tray, Weathertech Mats, Cross-Bars

·
Registered
138 Posts
What I've noticed is that my front defrost sometimes doesn't work right when I need it -when I start the car in the morning. After about 1 minute, it'll kick in. I'm not used to it yet. Does anyone notice this in theirs?

·
Registered
205 Posts
moonatics - I think I can explain that. The ventilation system increases fan speed as the engine warms up (and thus it is capable of blowing warm air). It has been programmed not to blow cold air when warm air is asked for...

------------------
Richard
2002 Granite Green EX-L
Splash Guards, Cargo Tray, Weathertech Mats

·
Registered
126 Posts
I would say that the "automatic" climate control system on my Ody doesn't qualify for this name. I need to adjust the temperature/air flow constantly.

In July I thought if I keep it set for 24C, I would not need to adjust it even in December. But what was normal temperature for A/C(though it felt like 20C), is way too high for heater. Now I set it for 20-21 most of the time.

Is that as it should be? What is your experience?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DP:
I would say that the "automatic" climate control system on my Ody doesn't qualify for this name. I need to adjust the temperature/air flow constantly.

In July I thought if I keep it set for 24C, I would not need to adjust it even in December. But what was normal temperature for A/C(though it felt like 20C), is way too high for heater. Now I set it for 20-21 most of the time.

Is that as it should be? What is your experience?
</font>
Yeah, me, too. About a three degree difference in what's comfortable between heat and a/c. Otherwise it seems to work fairly well -- I have to fiddle with it a lot less than other systems I've had.

------------------
Chuck
Click here for Ody pics, mods and fixes on FotoTime.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Could the difference be explained by the location of the temp sensor probe which is right under the steering wheel? It may pick up the heat rising from the floor much sooner than the A/C coming from the dash vents.
And speaking of dash vents - What's with the "manual" mode? When I set the mode for heat from the 'Floor' only (to keep my feet toasty) the side dash vents still blow out hot air in my face. I have found that these vents are always open. Must they be adjusted manually?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts