Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there!
I'll start off by saying that I've searched like a mad man for some of this info...
I'm wanting to do some bushing replacement on my Ody, and have found the appropriate kit for the front sway bar end links.
Any of the sway bar bushings that I find listed for my vehicle show either 22MM or 25MM... Isn't the front sway bar a 30.0MM? I looked at the car today, and saw 30.0 printed on an OEM bushing...

Also, what is the rear sway bar diameter? Best I can find is 14MM or 15MM (Like the Accords).

I found an Energy Suspension kit on Amazon that shows bushings for a 30.0 bar, and new end links... Any reason this wouldn't work for the front?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CN79PY/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER
It says it's for a rear bar, but I guess as long as the end links are the right size?

Thanks again, you guys are awesome... Cheers!
Ryan

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I took the plunge... I ordered the above mentioned set. I'll let ya know if it works out!

Still looking for definitive info on the rear sway bar diamater... Anybody?
Cheers!
Ryan

·
Registered
221 Posts
sorry for not posting earlier, but I had actually bought those. They don't fit our vans due to the excessive width of the bushing bracket. OEM or replacement stock bushings are all that are available.

The end links may be fine. Give them a try.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is correct, the above kit does NOT fit in any way, shape or form... I figured that at best that I'd end up with some sway bar end-links that would work, but the hardware and bushings are far too large... I ended up just ordering a correct end link kit, and plan to replace the frame sway bar bushings with some new OEM guys in the near future...

I can say that after installing the new end links, there is a substantial difference. A very small oscillation in the steering wheel when accelerating/decelerating at certain speeds is completely gone... The steering feels more taught and responsive, much like when the vehicle was new I'm sure... If nothing else, is does convey a substantial boost in driving confidence...
Even with worn front shocks, the vehicle tracks better, and the body roll has been GREATLY reduced... No longer does the van have that "tuna boat" feel.

As i'm typing now, I'm having new KYB struts installed on the front... I can't wait to see the difference! As it turns out, my girlfriend and I are going on a road trip from Northern California to Portland, OR to look at a Graduate School... Great time to take HWY 1 the whole way up, and see what's what... :D

·
Registered
606 Posts
How did the KYB's change the ride? Another car I had it made it ride really hard. Not quote Koni hard, but still was a bit stiff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts