Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Merging my project here to share knowledge & get feedback from other 3rd gen Odyssey owners...
Going to be upgrading my suspension and wheels soon (20x8.5). Any suggestions on the tire size? I'm leaning towards the 255/40-20 or 245/40-20 (I saw 255/35-20 as a recommendation somewhere on here...seems too off, no?).
CLICK LINK TO VIEW: Tire Size Comparison Chart

I'm also trying to find out what the factory (OEM) spring rates are? Would the dealership know details like this? I have a 2006 Odyssey EX and want to compare OEM spring rates to the spring rates of lowering springs & coilover suspension kits before I purchase. I'm pretty sure the Touring is 1" lower and must be stiffer as well.

Anyone install the Ksport coilovers I've seen on various websites? There are 2 kits:

CHD20-KP, spring rate (kg/mm & lbs/in) F 13/728, R 9.3/520, cost: cheaper than the RR kit

CHD20-RR, spring rate (kg/mm & lbs/in) UNKNOWN, cost: higher cost over the KP kit

·
Registered
27 Posts
Merging my project here to share knowledge & get feedback from other 3rd gen Odyssey owners...
Going to be upgrading my suspension and wheels soon (20x8.5). Any suggestions on the tire size? I'm leaning towards the 255/40-20 or 245/40-20 (I saw 255/35-20 as a recommendation somewhere on here...seems too off, no?).
CLICK LINK TO VIEW: Tire Size Comparison Chart

I'm also trying to find out what the factory (OEM) spring rates are? Would the dealership know details like this? I have a 2006 Odyssey EX and want to compare OEM spring rates to the spring rates of lowering springs & coilover suspension kits before I purchase. I'm pretty sure the Touring is 1" lower and must be stiffer as well.

Anyone install the Ksport coilovers I've seen on various websites? There are 2 kits:

CHD20-KP, spring rate (kg/mm & lbs/in) F 13/728, R 9.3/520, cost: cheaper than the RR kit

CHD20-RR, spring rate (kg/mm & lbs/in) UNKNOWN, cost: higher cost over the KP kit
I just looked into those coilovers and its for the euro/japan odyssey's

Category:Honda Odyssey RB1/RB2 - Wikimedia Commons

·
Registered
355 Posts
Yeah, you have to remember if you look at anything made in Japan that is for the Odyssey it will not fit the North American Odyssey, you have to look for part for the LaGreat.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yeah, you have to remember if you look at anything made in Japan that is for the Odyssey it will not fit the North American Odyssey, you have to look for part for the LaGreat.

yeah, those 2 are for Japan Odyssey.
they do have NA first gen odyssey coilover only (RA1/2)
if you wanna get airsuspension, air runner probably the best options to go with. but i'm not sure with 3rd Gen NA odyssey. (they do have 2nd Gen NA pdyssey kit)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thanks for the feedback guys...you are correct. Not much available for the North American Odyssey! Can some of you with lowered aftermarket suspension on a 3rd gen Odyssey post what setup you are using and your comments on it. Thanks :) I found a coilover kit but have never heard of this company (XYZ Suspension of America).XYZ Suspension Super Sport Dampers - Front Top Mount: Aluminum, Rear Top Mount: Aluminum for 05-up Honda Odyssey at Andy's Auto Sport

those are the same one. its for Jap Model.
NA model 3rd ed start from 2005-.... not 2003-2010

·
Registered
143 Posts
V55, I recently installed and really enjoy the H&R lower springs from tirerack.
As for shocks, I keep on reading about Monroe Sensa tracks, but I am
hesitant after someone mentioned an OEM being stiffer- I want a firm sports
like ride.

The H&R reduction of body roll and dive is very enjoyable, making the handling
much nicer than stock.

I would love to see other options, like KYB, for example, but I have not seen
any through Google, yet.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
So the XYZ coilovers are for Japanese too :(

"From:
Sent: March 10, 2011 10:41:17 AM
To:
The USA spec uses a wishbone the euro and japanese uses a mcpherson.
So it wouldnt work.
Thanks
Manny"

·
Registered
355 Posts
Dead giveaway when you are looking at Odyssey parts is when it give a body code.

Like this.

Fits On:
03-10 Odyssey RB1/RB2

If you see Odyssey and anything RB next to it it is for the JDM Odyssey and not the NA one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts