Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2006 Odyssey Touring, and a 2007 EX-L. I want to know if I can swap the complete engine and transmission, remove from the 2007 and put in the 2006.
I know the Touring has screen, monitor (mpg, etc...), Voice control, etc while the EX-L doesn't have. Will this be an issue or has nothing to do with it.
Thanks

·
Registered
2006 Honda Odyssey (EX)
3,533 Posts
Deleted

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Hi, I have a 2006 Odyssey Touring, and a 2007 EX-L. I want to know if I can swap the complete engine and transmission, remove from the 2007 and put in the 2006.
I know the Touring has screen, monitor (mpg, etc...), Voice control, etc while the EX-L doesn't have. Will this be an issue or has nothing to do with it.
Thanks
I do not know if 06 transmission will fit into 07 EXL since they changed transmission.

·
Registered
2010 Odyssey EX, Canadian
1,224 Posts
2006 and 2007 are completely different transmissions.. I doubt anybody has done such a swap.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your reply. Actually, I want to change the engine AND transmission. I want to remove from the 2007 EX-L and install them in the 2006 Touring, not the other way, and to make sure all other options on the Touring will still work (like the voice, monitor, etc ..).

·
Registered
2010 Odyssey EX, Canadian
1,224 Posts
Thanks for your reply. Actually, I want to change the engine AND transmission. I want to remove from the 2007 EX-L and install them in the 2006 Touring, not the other way, and to make sure all other options on the Touring will still work (like the voice, monitor, etc ..).
I understood. Just saying that engine might be similar, but transmission is different for sure. You'll have to at least modify transmission wiring, most likely swap ECU. It'll be a big project. Not sure who would do such a job. Most mechanics won't take it, because it is hard to tell how long it'll take, and maybe it's not even going to work out at all. Especially hard when you want all the options to work.
I am guessing, transmission on Touring is bad, that's why you want the swap. But it would be much easier to just rebuild it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I understood. Just saying that engine might be similar, but transmission is different for sure. You'll have to at least modify transmission wiring, most likely swap ECU. It'll be a big project. Not sure who would do such a job. Most mechanics won't take it, because it is hard to tell how long it'll take, and maybe it's not even going to work out at all. Especially hard when you want all the options to work.
I am guessing, transmission on Touring is bad, that's why you want the swap. But it would be much easier to just rebuild it.
Understood, many thanks for your feedback, appreciate it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts