Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago I had to cut out my sway bars and drive it for a week without them until I could get to a shop that could finish cutting the bolts out. I put the new end links in and the car makes noticable swaying movements while driving. I put them back exactly as they were installed prior. My question is do you think I need to upgrade to better parts, I put cheap $10/piece sway bars in or is it because I drove without them for a few days.

·
Registered
12,015 Posts
If they work and are tight I'd leave them. They just may not last as long as a better quality part.

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
I put the new end links in and the car makes noticable swaying movements while driving.
Make sure the sway bar is centered on the car.

Also, the sway bar bushings may need replacing. They become weak and soft with time so the sway bar can't do its job.

I too don't think the new links would cause swaying.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If they work and are tight I'd leave them. They just may not last as long as a better
What was the issue that made you cut out the sway bar?
I just wanted to replace them because I was replacing my Lca. The ball bearings were turning with the nut and the Allen key was too rusted I had to move them anyway to get to the center bolt on the Lca. I didnt expect to have problems with the sway bar end links which is why I had to drive without them for a few days before I could get it to a shop to finish cutting out the bolts. It definitely wasnt swaying before but now it is with the brand new sway bar links. .

·
Registered
12,015 Posts
Well, if everything else is the same and all you did was change out the sway bar links for cheap aftermarkets, it's not inconceivable that you got what you paid for. If that's the case, I'd swap them out for the OE sway bar links.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, if everything else is the same and all you did was change out the sway bar links for cheap aftermarkets, it's not inconceivable that you got what you paid for. If that's the case, I'd swap them out for the OE sway bar links.
Yeah I think that's what I'm going to do, thanks!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay all, I found out what the problem was, my lower control arm bolt the one right underneath the sway bar was coming loose which is why I was swaying while I was driving the sway bar end links are fine so are the bushings and the sway bar itself. Thankfully all I had to do was tighten to spec and I'm good to go!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts