Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan to install one flip (On/off) switch and one knob switch for my amp subwoofer on the front dash of my LX.

I have been looking for the switches which will fit into the standard size slot (next to the VSA switch). Can someone share ideas on how have you obtain switches for your accessory installations like the 'foglight'? I want to make that these look at close to factory as possible.
Thanks

·
Registered
112 Posts
05-07 Factory Fog Light switch will fit great. Other option is drill out the blank next to the Power Door Switches and install a standard rocker from an auto parts store.

Search on Fog Light Switch and you should find it.

'08 and newer fog light switch is on the turn signal stalk.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
djay said:
I plan to install one flip (On/off) switch and one knob switch for my amp subwoofer on the front dash of my LX.

I have been looking for the switches which will fit into the standard size slot (next to the VSA switch). Can someone share ideas on how have you obtain switches for your accessory installations like the 'foglight'? I want to make that these look at close to factory as possible.
Thanks
I bought the factory fog light switch for my '06 EXL-RES and it's about $22. Part number: 08V31-SHJ-1M035.

·
Registered
778 Posts
michaelj3 said:
05-07 Factory Fog Light switch will fit great. Other option is drill out the blank next to the Power Door Switches and install a standard rocker from an auto parts store.

Search on Fog Light Switch and you should find it.

'08 and newer fog light switch is on the turn signal stalk.

First, can't you just remove the blanks, is it really necessary to drill them out? And second, he's got an LX, which means no power door switch, and I highly doubt he'll be ready to drill out the brushed aluminium where they would be.:D

·
Registered
112 Posts
Cntrtwnltd said:
First, can't you just remove the blanks, is it really necessary to drill them out? And second, he's got an LX, which means no power door switch, and I highly doubt he'll be ready to drill out the brushed aluminium where they would be.:D
Yes, you can remove the blanks if you get the factory fog light switch. But, for the knob he mentioned, I was thinking drilling a hole in the blank and mounting it there. Unless you know of a knob that fits in the factory spot.

I believe there was a subwoofer on/off switch w/ the early model accessory subwoofer, p/n 08B39-SHJ-1M036. Would have to search or call to see if its still available.

And, yes, my bad on the not noticing about the Lx.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your suggestions. The blanks next to the VSA switch have tabs that allow it to snugly fit into the panel socket socket. Drilling into the blank will still not allow the knob switch to fit in close enough to the blank (because of the tabs) to mount the knob from outside.

The same would apply even to the rocker switch. If I install the subwoofer switch from '06, will I be able to use that for 'remote on' lead from the head unit (JVC KW--NT1)

My subwoofer is also aftermarket (Infinity Basslink) that comes with that knob switch that I am hoping to install. The other spot I was thinking was next to the lighter/aux in in the center console, but it has the same issue with the blanks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sunroof switch for volume

As I have the LX, I don't have audio steering switches for volumes. I was planning to get the sunroof switch and use it to control volume on the headunit for convenience.

My question is will I able to use use the sunroof switch to control volume (planning to use the PAC adapter).
Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts